Author Topic: possible goal of the season?  (Read 3714 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
possible goal of the season?
« on: December 19, 2015, 05:17:14 PM »
Well done Mark Jones

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: possible goal of the season?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 05:54:39 PM »
Absolutely superb effort from Jones...surrounded by three defenders he unleased an unstoppable drive into the roof of the net from about 20 yards out....the ground was buzzing for several minutes after the goal...You had to be there to appreciate this stunning goal...more worrying though after this excellent result was the extent of possible injury to Daryl Southwell (Jones replaced Daryl at halftime)

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 06:05:05 PM »
Indeed an excellent goal but the others were not too shabby either, as I had predicted 4-0 got a bit worried we were going to get 5 or 6. Our best all round display of the season with every player making valuable contributions and although I agree with Zac as MOM would not have grumbled with any of the others getting it. Thought the referee was outstanding refusing to be intimidated by Stockports bunch of morons, the retake of the penalty was spot on as their number 9 was almost past Dayle when he struck it and had he not scored the second one that too would have been disallowed for the same thing. The last couple of games have now been won because the boys have refused to be bullied and played great all round football. Thanks boys for a great Christmas present see you at Lowestoft.  UTP.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 06:07:16 PM »
Absolutely superb effort from Jones...surrounded by three defenders he unleased an unstoppable drive into the roof of the net from about 20 yards out....the ground was buzzing for several minutes after the goal...You had to be there to appreciate this stunning goal...more worrying though after this excellent result was the extent of possible injury to Daryl Southwell (Jones replaced Daryl at halftime)

No worries In the post match interview the manager said it was purely precautionary.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 06:55:12 PM »
Well done Mark Jones
The 4th was a fantastic team goal, started by a nutmeg!

Captain Clean

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 07:04:32 PM »
It was great to be back watching football after a break from home fixtures. That has to be one of my favourite home games in many a season. I can't fault anything in our performance. It was superb entertainment and a real joy to watch our players out play and out muscle them. The players did well to stand up and be men against an ill disciplined bunch of morons. What a bunch of bottlers they were, I'd be embarrassed by that lack of performance if I was a county fan.

Keep this momentum going lads !

P.S Good on Ravas for being a good sport, wearing a printed shirt with "I used to be shite now I'm alright". Not many players would go that extra mile to endear themselves to fans and it shows what a great character the young man is. Fair play to him.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 08:30:18 AM »
Here are a few snaps (and snips) from the game in a public Facebook album:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153816871939282.1073741954.570994281&type=1&l=7b3aa5d056

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2015, 10:11:59 AM »
Terrific result yesterday after how the first 10-15 minutes started, maximum points from the next three games will set things up very nicely for the second half of the season.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2015, 10:38:43 AM »
A selection of snaps for those that don't do Facebook.

Henrich Ravas has a new t-shirt

The punchline

A small snip

The Town End

The manager meets the new signing

The team is led out

The huddle

Let's kick off and score a goal each in the first half

Dayle Southwell

Carl Piergianni - Carpe Jugulum

Jay Rollins

Scott Garner