Author Topic: No to northwich  (Read 5716 times)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
No to northwich
« on: April 15, 2012, 12:20:47 PM »
Found guilty of breaching league rules
2.9.2,2.9.3 and 14b. They have had there membership canceled as of the end of the season, they are also not permitted in the play offs.

Id expect this to End them.

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
Re: No to northwich
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 08:10:36 PM »
fcum will probably take that play off place now and hopefully go up.  we need bigger away support at york street to make up for our dropping numbers.
should be a much more interesting league next year with kettering, darlington and chester (all should bring good numbers to york street)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 09:17:23 PM »
We don't need to rely on clubs bringing more support to make up for our declining support, we need to be proactive and offer some incentives to the supporters to come back. Its no good sitting in the boardroom sticking another 50p/£1 rise on the gate and another £15/20 on season tickets and expecting the people to lap it up like fools.

Thankfully I'd like to think they've got a few ideas in mind to win back the disillusioned fan base.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 09:33:52 PM »
I totally agree N/F. Incentives are needed. Wages aren't the highest in Boston but I'm sure more would come if the right financial promotions were in place.

Improving communications with season ticket holders would also be good.

DL

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 10:49:57 PM »
Ideas? You mean sack LC,JL and FC?

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 06:07:56 AM »
We don't need to rely on clubs bringing more support to make up for our declining support, we need to be proactive and offer some incentives to the supporters to come back. Its no good sitting in the boardroom sticking another 50p/£1 rise on the gate and another £15/20 on season tickets and expecting the people to lap it up like fools.

Thankfully I'd like to think they've got a few ideas in mind to win back the disillusioned fan base.

Well said Andy, saying that did anyone see the Sunderland game? Swathes of empty red seats in that huge arena. Football has got to wake up and smell the coffee, people don't have spare cash to watch football matches anymore. Football is a feel good thing, you have a winning team, you feel good, it's that simple. Now i'm not saying that JL and LC should be here or be gone at the end of the season, not my call.
I'm not knocking DN either he's done wonders for this club and long may it continue.

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 07:07:40 AM »
Yeah, I should have stated its not an anti JL/LC thing at all, more a swipe at football clubs (not just BUFC before Henry comes on the phone!) who see fans as gullible cash cows to be milked every summer. Broadly speaking, over the last 5 season's we've not been badly entertained here, this season's been grindingly dull but after the last two I suppose anything is an anti climax.......and is it that much difference to the 1st season back in Non League, despite expectations being way lower?

My point really is that football has become a luxury for a lot of people, especially the traditional family man fan who like the rest of us is being squeezed by the current worldwide economic problems. Football clubs should look beyond the easy option of covering costs by raising ticket prices by being a bit more proactive in fund raising initiatives and sponsorship packages.......how they do that is for the marketing men to decide, but the worry is young fans are being lost to the regular matchday experience through unfriendly ticket prices and a pretty average product on display.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 12:44:20 PM »
Yeah, I should have stated its not an anti JL/LC thing at all, more a swipe at football clubs (not just BUFC before Henry comes on the phone!) who see fans as gullible cash cows to be milked every summer. Broadly speaking, over the last 5 season's we've not been badly entertained here, this season's been grindingly dull but after the last two I suppose anything is an anti climax.......and is it that much difference to the 1st season back in Non League, despite expectations being way lower?

My point really is that football has become a luxury for a lot of people, especially the traditional family man fan who like the rest of us is being squeezed by the current worldwide economic problems. Football clubs should look beyond the easy option of covering costs by raising ticket prices by being a bit more proactive in fund raising initiatives and sponsorship packages.......how they do that is for the marketing men to decide, but the worry is young fans are being lost to the regular matchday experience through unfriendly ticket prices and a pretty average product on display.
Top Post Andy. It is VERY  difficult for both sides trying to balance things .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 01:31:52 PM »
I think the major problem with football apart from the premier league is Sky .
One of the great contributors to obesity and falling gates . (too many adults and kids sat on their a*rse,s watching sport .)

"a bit more proactive in sponsorship packages" Andy again with the economic problems you well know that every industry is under pressure and if Craig can maintain sponsorship at the present level that will be a big achievment .
Following the way the previous scum let down many businesses and brought disrepute to the club it amazes how much sponsorship he has generated .

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2012, 02:17:20 PM »
In fairness to Craig he's done a better job selling the club by 'being Craig' than any of the so called marketing experts and commercial managers we've had in the past have ever done......probably him more than anyone else is responsible for us being in a reasonable shape.......or at least in lot less of a pickle than we already are!

Mind you, who would you trust to spend your money with; a personable guy like Craig or a fat, brash, loud,arrogant mascara wearing Scottish tax dodger with a penchant for nepotism.......?

I liken his job to that of a sudent on day release being given a tube of super glue and told to mend a Ming Vase that a fat yob smashed...........nigh on impossible! 

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2012, 03:27:05 PM »
 Northwich Victoria and Woodley Sports have each been plunged into crisis after being told they’re to be booted out of the Evo-Stik League at the end of the season. League bosses have announced they’re to expel the local pair after finding them guilty of serious rule breaches. They say premier division Vics, who have been forced to groundshare since being evicted from their former Victoria Stadium home three months ago, failed to comply with the league’s financial rules - a charge understood to relate to Northwich allegedly breaching the terms of a company voluntary arrangement. Meanwhile, first division Woodley, whose Neil Rourke Stadium is currently undergoing an £8.6m redevelopment, were unable to achieve the ground grading and security of tenure required by the league. Both clubs have vowed to contest the bombshell decisions after being given a fortnight in which to appeal to the FA. Vics chairman Jim Rushe said: “We don’t believe we are guilty of these charges. The league have jumped the gun in my opinion.” A Woodley spokesman added: “We feel very confident we’ll be able to overcome this hurdle and work with the league to satisfy its criteria on the points required.” Vics’ impending expulsion could offer FC United a promotion lifeline as the mid-Cheshire outfit will not be allowed to take part in the play-offs, for which they have already qualified, if their appeal fails. That would mean the team who finishes sixth - the position FC currently occupy - taking Northwich’s place in the end-of-season promotion knockout. The Rebels’ hopes of qualifying in their own right are now hanging in the balance after they slumped to a third successive defeat as they crashed to a 2-1 loss at Matlock - a result which leaves them three points behind fifth-placed Hednesford with just two games each left. Trailing after nine minutes, FC were given a helping-hand to equalise when home defender Adam Yates fired into his own net, only to then fall to Liam King’s 74th minute winner. FC’s latest loss means Garry Flitcroft’s Chorley are now guaranteed a play-off spot despite sinking 1-0 at Nantwich, while Ashton United improved their chances of a top-half finish with Aaron Burns scoring twice as they came from behind to beat 3-1 Kendal in Cumbria. Hyde edged nearer the Blue Square Bet North title with Andrew Pearson’s sixth minute headed goal giving them a nervy 1-0 victory at relegated Blyth - the table-topping Tigers’ fifth successive triumph. It keeps them two points ahead of second-placed Guiseley, who dealt Stalybridge Celtic’s hopes of squeezing into the play-offs a severe blow in romping to a 3-0 win at Bower Fold. But, with Hyde also boasting a far superior goal difference, four points from their last two games against Boston and Histon will almost certainly be enough to see them secure automatic promotion as champions. Damian Reeves’ 43rd goal of the season ended Altrincham’s three-match losing sequence as they drew 1-1 with visiting promotion contenders FC Halifax. But Droylsden’s eight-game unbeaten run was halted in a 2-1 home defeat by Gloucester. Elsewhere, Curzon Ashton failed to close the gap on likely Evo-Stik North champions AFC Fylde despite beating Lancaster 3-1 and now must overcome Ossett Town at the Tameside Stadium tonight (7.45pm) to prolong the title race by at least another 24 hours. Ramsbottom advanced towards the North West Counties League title with Grant Spencer’s hat-trick helping them thrash St Helens 5-0. The victory ensured that they stayed four points clear of Runcorn Town, who went one better in hitting shell-shocked Flixton for six

Read more at: http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/non_league/s/1491392_non-league-round-up-northwich-victoria-and-woodley-sports-facing-the-boot

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2012, 05:37:04 PM »
Have a bit of time for Garry Flitcroft, he was the basis of a very good side in an early version of football manager  ;D
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.