Author Topic: Southwell rejects contract  (Read 14166 times)

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
Re: Southwell rejects contract
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2015, 01:36:04 PM »
Whatever happens we have The Quadrant.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 01:44:59 PM by Burgh Boy »
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2015, 01:56:24 PM »
C.N  DRURY had already laid the path for MILLER to come to BOSTON trust me.

Your grandad will tell you signing is key ,     bullsh*t about laying a path means nothing concrete .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2015, 01:58:56 PM »

Thank goodness .       Will the Imps want to ground share ?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2015, 02:34:17 PM »

Thank goodness .       Will the Imps want to ground share ?

Imps afc coming to a ground near you soon

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2015, 03:10:16 PM »

Yes we might eventually get The Quadrant, but surely what's the point of having a super duper stadium to hopefully fill with supporters if you are not building a team to grace it, by not signing decent players, you just cannot get a settled team by signing loan players, I'm not saying loan players are no good, some are, but if they prove to be good , they go back to there parent club and we are back to square one again.

D Green made a bad mistake by not getting Ricky Miller to sign a contract a year last Christmas , if he had done that deed we should have least have something out of the move to Luton which happened at the end of last season, The gates this year have been consistently down on last years gates, is there any wonder when the decent players we need to keep the team fully competitive are allowed to move .

I can see the replies coming in already about how far we are out from the rest of the country , or we cannot compete with the ACFlydes, North ferribys, Barrow etc, we cannot even compete with lowly Spalding to sign players .

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2015, 03:25:48 PM »

Yes we might eventually get The Quadrant, but surely what's the point of having a super duper stadium to hopefully fill with supporters if you are not building a team to grace it, by not signing decent players, you just cannot get a settled team by signing loan players, I'm not saying loan players are no good, some are, but if they prove to be good , they go back to there parent club and we are back to square one again.

D Green made a bad mistake by not getting Ricky Miller to sign a contract a year last Christmas , if he had done that deed we should have least have something out of the move to Luton which happened at the end of last season, The gates this year have been consistently down on last years gates, is there any wonder when the decent players we need to keep the team fully competitive are allowed to move .

I can see the replies coming in already about how far we are out from the rest of the country , or we cannot compete with the ACFlydes, North ferribys, Barrow etc, we cannot even compete with lowly Spalding to sign players .
You are absolutely correct .  If Spalding offer bigger wages which they do,at this level players will usually take the money.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2015, 03:31:17 PM »
Build it and they WILL come! The Quadrant even overrides whatever League we play in on the footballing side of the business. The local fans WILL come regardless whoever we have in the team. Just look at the support the housing project got from the fans. Have faith in Chestnuts! 
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Odin

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2015, 03:50:00 PM »
Getting back to Southwell, is he the one who scored our goal this afternoon with 45 minutes to get some more.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2015, 08:05:50 PM »

If we put the money into a super team instead of the Qaudrant where will this super team play in 3 years time .?  The plan is to get the club into a viable stadium to enhance the chance of getting a better team .
Loan players are the norm now even in the football league ,   same as above ,  economics .

I thought Green did a master stroke signing Miller .  How could Miller be forced to sign a contract at christmas? , no doubt he could see good offers coming in close season .     
Shame S&H did not spot Millers potential like Green did and resign him when they came ,  apart from earning us a few bob it would have progressed Ricks career faster .

I reckon if some one daft and rich enough wanted to step in and throw silly money like Fylde and NFU at non-league football Newton would step aside .
The snag would  be when it goes pear shape it is unlikely that there will be another Chestnut out there .

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2015, 09:25:50 PM »

If we put the money into a super team instead of the Qaudrant where will this super team play in 3 years time .?  The plan is to get the club into a viable stadium to enhance the chance of getting a better team .
Loan players are the norm now even in the football league ,   same as above ,  economics .

I thought Green did a master stroke signing Miller .  How could Miller be forced to sign a contract at christmas? , no doubt he could see good offers coming in close season .     
Shame S&H did not spot Millers potential like Green did and resign him when they came ,  apart from earning us a few bob it would have progressed Ricks career faster .

I reckon if some one daft and rich enough wanted to step in and throw silly money like Fylde and NFU at non-league football Newton would step aside .
The snag would  be when it goes pear shape it is unlikely that there will be another Chestnut out there .
The Voice of Reason GHM

Martyn Bishop

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2015, 09:42:25 PM »
I've been to watch Spalding this afternoon and we should be pleased we haven't got any of their players!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2015, 09:45:26 PM »
I've been to watch Spalding this afternoon and we should be pleased we haven't got any of their players!
We have!!

Martyn Bishop

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2015, 09:46:36 PM »
That's obviously why they played how they did today.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2015, 10:19:28 PM »

What a stupid post, by this time next week we will have SIGNED UP a squad that can and will do the business if not this season then definately the next. Either get behind the club or get behind. 

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2015, 11:46:35 PM »
Without the Quadrant, there is no Boston United. That's the reality. Of course, no-one wants to have been painted into this do-or-die situation, but there you go - bigger clubs than us have gone to the wall, so suck it up and get behind it. If that means not twatting this league this season or the next, or seasons beyond that, so be it. The number one priority every season is simply staying in business. Everything beyond that is a bonus. If teams get taken over by idiots with cash, let them enjoy their 15 minutes. They'll be back where they belong before too long. For once, can we please do something properly, with a long term plan in place, and not panic at every setback? If Southwell goes, it's an annoyance - but we'll bounce back.