Author Topic: what a goal!  (Read 7789 times)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
what a goal!
« on: August 20, 2013, 08:31:41 PM »
Worth the 12 quid to see that!

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: what a goal!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 08:39:41 PM »
golfers said he would turn out to be our best new player( brilliant)

Chelsea

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 10:10:59 PM »
Worth £14

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 10:28:16 PM »
Thought we deserved to take all 3 points, think we all would have taken 4 points from these 2 games though!
Connor Marshall looked quality in the middle.
What a goal from bore though, worth the £12!

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 10:33:23 PM »
Agree with all the above.
I was sat level with where their player received the ball to go and fall down in the box.
He was deffo offside when he got the ball.
Chances for both sides, could have gone either way. I'm guessing this will go down as good point.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 10:37:33 PM »
If Telford are a benchmark top 5 side we're not a million miles away on that performance, even if it took 25-30 minutes to warm up. We probably need a bit more midfield presence and possibly a target man.......only if we're going to persist with the big boot though. Big shout out to Connor Marshall too, I though he looked excellent.

More of the same on Saturday please, I enjoyed that, especially the second half.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 10:48:08 PM »
Fantastic performance today. Made a good Conf North side look very average. I was worried about the lack of a holding midfielder in the squad but Greene has done very well to spot the potential in Marshall and solved that problem who was deservedly MOM (although Bore ran him very close.) Lack of a target man did seem an issue although if we don't bring one in hopefully the lads will continue to gel and learn to improve as a passing team as we do have the players to do that. First 11 look very strong although options after that are limited. Praise must go to Greene for assembling a good side on a small budget and the fitness levels of the team.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2013, 10:55:34 PM »
If Telford are a benchmark top 5 side we're not a million miles away on that performance, even if it took 25-30 minutes to warm up. We probably need a bit more midfield presence and possibly a target man.......only if we're going to persist with the big boot though. Big shout out to Connor Marshall too, I though he looked excellent.

More of the same on Saturday please, I enjoyed that, especially the second half.

Telford are a benchmark for division winners.  Direct, Strong, Functional and if they find their shooting boots they'll be the team to beat. Generally the eventual winners have been similar in previous years. Happy with a point and the fact that we reduced them to the big hoof for 90% of the game.  That is the weakest Ive seen us at the back though, not as assured as pre-season.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2013, 11:00:04 PM »
Good point and should of won. I thought two centre halfs were brilliant won everything and generally all the lads played well and put a shift in. We must now kick on from this solid start and make sure we get some consistency to our game then we could suprise a few. Great support tonight. Let's keep it up and continue to get behind the lads and the club.

Boo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2013, 11:27:08 PM »
Shit! Did you see that? He must have a foot like a traction engine! (Alan Partridge)

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2013, 12:00:38 AM »
Good photo

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2013, 12:06:52 AM »
The 60 minutes or so I saw (late due to work) were very even, we competed well against a good side who will likely end up top 6. It shows the Stockport game wasn't a one off, hopefully we can beat what will be a deflated Leamington side on Saturday (after their late collapse). Either side could've won tonight, but 4 points from these 2 tough starters is encouraging, the defence seems fine- Timms has hardly had a save to make in 4 games I've seen. The midfield looks alright, maybe need a ball winner and some presence in there, the strikers will get goals though a target man wouldn't go a miss for a plan B- Sanders/Nuttel a bit raw right now.

But we played 2 teams who will likely end up top 6 and deserved our 4 points, so vey encouraging. But can we raise ourselves for the so called lesser names like Leamington as we did with the 2 teams we played

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2013, 08:06:27 AM »
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2013, 08:13:19 AM »
Thought the ref had a stinker, he always does against us.  The woodwork saved them twice, I thought the first time looked all over a goal, unless someone has a video of it to show it bounced wrong side of the line.  The penalty was soft, if he gave that one he could have easily gave us a couple in the second half. The player received the ball at least a yard off side.  Our goal reminded me of Neil Thompson's goal first year in the league. Could have won it late on when we hit the bar.  I really enjoyed the match, well done lads.
Do not trust atoms, they make up everything.

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2013, 08:42:40 AM »
I really enjoyed that, a draw being about right IMO.

We hit the bar twice, but they also had some chances to add to their first half strike, and how they didn't score straight from the kick-off to start the second half i will never know. We certainly rode our luck that time.

I was impressed with Bore, I had only seen the Gainsboro game pre-season and he looked disinterested, but really looked up for it last night. Marshall was deservedly MOM for me, and Miller looks full of running and didn't let up until he ran out of steam. Ross and Milnes did more right than wrong, and the commitment at the back was good to see.

Looking forward to Saturday.