Author Topic: Alfreton  (Read 3144 times)

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Alfreton
« on: December 14, 2010, 06:20:15 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/mansfield_town/9285424.stm

could this mean if they won the league wouldn't be allowed to go up ?

townender3385

• View Profile
Re: Alfreton
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 06:25:04 PM »
They would still go up but be given a deadline, the end of next season, to get the ground up to A grade standard. Should they not meet the deadline they would be demoted.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 06:58:53 PM »
They would still go up but be given a deadline, the end of next season, to get the ground up to A grade standard. Should they not meet the deadline they would be demoted.

Im not to sure about that one where the conference premier stands.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 07:47:42 PM »

Salisbury were in the Conference National last season but were demoted two divisions into the Southern League. I believe that was due to a combination of ground and finance-related issues.

The Salisbury experience would seem to suggest there is a minimum standard across the Conference's three leagues. They couldn't meet Conference national standards, but couldn't satisfy Conference South criteria either. If there are minimum standards across the three leagues and Alfreton have fallen short of these, should they even be playing in Blue Square North?

AJHallgarth

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 07:56:57 PM »
I'm not sure Salisbury's demotion was anything to do with ground grading criteria.

Remember the old "thou shalt not be in administration (or similar insolvency event) on the second Saturday in May or thou shalt be ineligible for entry into the following season's Conference paradise" commandment? Well, that's been extended to cover the whole season. If you're in admin at any point during the season, you'll be kicked out of the Conference system in the summer, even if you settle on a CVA with your creditors. I believe that's why Salisbury weren't eligible for either Conference Premier or South.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 07:57:35 PM »

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 09:20:26 PM »
Interesting how for Southern Prem Division you need 4 turnstiles. I went to lowestoft (who got promoted to Southern Prem last year) when we played them last year and when asking the lady at the turnstile "can away fans come through this turnstile" she replied "this is the only one"