Author Topic: Should Lee and Cannovile be offered new deals?  (Read 27697 times)

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
Re: Should Lee and Cannovile be offered new deals?
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2012, 08:25:48 PM »
What a strange decision, however, we now know who the manager will be, but I do wonder who his assistant will be, indeed,has something happened between them resulting in Canners being pushed?
I just hope to god that Lee shows more urgency than he did last season to put a squad together over the summer. Hope his new assistant has more ideas of who we need, and has the contacts to get them.
David asks us to get behind Lee and the team, but I feel only quality signings will make that happen amongst the missing 300. As for me, yes I will as I always do but if there is no improvement I will also let my feelings be known. Perhaps some good news regarding a new ground would be the thing to galvanise all of us. 

If I was a betting man I would say it could be Laurie Dudfield.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2012, 08:33:09 PM »
Good call Tash , but I am sticking with my prediction on Patter on Saturday ,   that is MICKY NUTTAL.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2012, 09:00:28 PM »
Good decision.

Let's get behind Jason and support him all the way.

DL

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2012, 09:08:41 PM »
I guess the assistant is already at the club! Could it be Freeman,Bazza,Maddison or even Nick the steward?

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2012, 09:12:13 PM »
Underwhelmed.  I can see the reasoning but really this season has done nothing to make me think it will be any different next as I said in my previous post.

A flying start will change peoples minds, get it even half wrong and we will drop numbers off the gate far sooner than this season.

And to think I regard myself as one of the positive ones on here!!!

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2012, 09:34:34 PM »
How about Mr F Coach, understand he's highly thought of

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2012, 10:17:20 PM »
The statement on the official site is contradictory as the reason for Cannovile leaving is stated as 'financial' constraints but then goes on to state that we will be looking for an assistant manager who would presumably be looking for a similar salary. Maybe they were both offered a performance related pay decrease and only JL was happy to accept; I suppose JL has made much more money than LC playing football and doesn't 'need' the money. Another possibility could be that (as suggested by others) we are going to go for the 'cheap' option such as Maddison, Bazza or Nuttell. In hindsight IF we are going for someone new o he club this may not be a bad move as JL and LC were close friends before getting the job they were probably associated with same group of contacts within the game, maybe a new unknown face could bring new contacts nd ideas.

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2012, 10:57:21 PM »
I think everyone knows who his assistant is.......its the fitness coach

Seenbetter

« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2012, 11:13:10 PM »
Woe, Woe and thrice Woe is me. I think this supports my theory that we have to be satisfied with middle of the ta pay ble positions for the next 3/4 seasons until finances and ground issues are resolved. The first half dozen games of next season will have to be played before any of us will have any idea how things may turn out. Problem is I fear that many, including myself, will not turn up for home games if something else more intersting turns up. That means reduced revenue.
Perhaps the question is, are people not in favour of the appointment because of the apparent lack of ambition or because they think, after watching this seasons performance, that JL is just no good at the job.   

Joe65

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2012, 11:24:47 PM »
It disappoints me that some seem to be accusing David Newton of a lack of ambition by appointing Jason Lee.

This is insulting in the extreme to someone who has poured (based on the last fans' forum) more than a million pounds of his money into the club.

Unlike some here, he takes a reasoned, long-term view of how to build a football club and in my eyes has, and continues to do, a fantastic job.

Anyone who has seen him talk at fans forums would know he is hugely ambitious for the club - but he won't bankrupt it trying to chase such ambitions.

BTW, Sir Alex Ferguson finished mid-table in his first two years at Man United - good job the United board didn't think like some on here!!!

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2012, 12:36:58 AM »
It disappoints me that some seem to be accusing David Newton of a lack of ambition by appointing Jason Lee.

This is insulting in the extreme to someone who has poured (based on the last fans' forum) more than a million pounds of his money into the club.

Unlike some here, he takes a reasoned, long-term view of how to build a football club and in my eyes has, and continues to do, a fantastic job.

Anyone who has seen him talk at fans forums would know he is hugely ambitious for the club - but he won't bankrupt it trying to chase such ambitions.

BTW, Sir Alex Ferguson finished mid-table in his first two years at Man United - good job the United board didn't think like some on here!!!

Good post.

A good football chairman like Dave Newton essentially has to be a benevolent dictator - actually listening to the fans on managerial matters would be dangerous most of the time. We'd have sacked Scot and Hurst in November 2009. Fortunately DN has built up so much credit noone can really criticise him. Ever.

I don't think there was ever much chance of us challenging for the play offs having lost the irreplaceable Pearson and Church (as well as good players such as Yates, Murphy and SWD). I do think JL shows a lot of promise as a football manager. If there's not good evidence of progress next year then it'll be time to say bye.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2012, 08:17:11 AM »
We'd have sacked Scot and Hurst in November 2009. Fortunately DN has built up so much credit noone can really criticise him. Ever.

Royal 'we', I wouldn't, I don't offer the knee-jerk reaction some do.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Bartmac

« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2012, 10:25:48 AM »
Give the man another chance, I'll go along with DN on this, and still be there supporting the team next season, and the next ect.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2012, 10:28:10 AM »
Just to add to Adam,s comments , many of those who called  H&S management into question are the same people who are questioning Lee,s position .
Look,s as though Newton may have got it right again !!

Chelsea

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2012, 12:04:45 PM »
Dick Creasy as assistant that would be cheap cheap