Author Topic: tyrone kirk  (Read 16067 times)

pilgrimfan

• View Profile
Re: tyrone kirk
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2009, 02:56:20 PM »
completed move to macclesfield today on sky sports news and website.

http://www.mtfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10393~1742764,00.html
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 02:58:46 PM by pilgrimfan »

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2009, 03:03:45 PM »
Can't see how we were ever going to win with this one.If we hadn't gone for him,we'd have been criticised for not going after a player who was attracting a lot of attention.If he had come back,would his heart have been in it?.Sheffield United is one thing-but Macclesfield??.I suppose we could say what we've never had we never miss.Room for another in the squad??

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2009, 03:15:53 PM »
oh well ,good luck too the lad

only thing that kinda bugs me is we signed him , then it was just a matter of hoping he did'nt get a deal elsewere ,

but saying that , it does'nt seem like we've built a team around him so im not too disspointed

i mean afterall he only played for us once , and even that i did'nt get too see him

so at least it will free some space up for another signning and hopefully someone who actually be here for a while

Swineshead Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2009, 03:53:04 PM »
He may be back after christmas - they've only given him a six month contract...

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2009, 05:58:10 PM »
Obviously the lure of high-profile league 2 football proved too much.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2009, 07:01:09 PM »

To be fair to the lad it would have been difficult for him to get to training and matches in Boston whilst at the same time keeping up with his commitments on Coronation Street.

At least Macclesfield is closer to Wetherfield.

Anita Goodsheet

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2009, 08:21:04 PM »
We might of been better off trying to get Schmeichel to put paw to paper instead !!!!

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2009, 08:31:10 PM »
I can't help thinking we'll be better off without him.  I wish him all the best and you can't blame someone for wanting to better themselves.  What we need now though is players who are committed to our cause and as good a player as he is supposed to be, if he wasn't 100% committed to us, I don't think we'd ever have seen the best of him.

deano

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2009, 08:56:35 PM »
I can't help thinking we'll be better off without him.  I wish him all the best and you can't blame someone for wanting to better themselves.  What we need now though is players who are committed to our cause and as good a player as he is supposed to be, if he wasn't 100% committed to us, I don't think we'd ever have seen the best of him.

certainly didnt see the best of him at brigg

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2009, 09:33:26 PM »
In truth he asked for the contract not to kick in till the 8th so im supriced he was even entertained,

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2009, 09:51:57 PM »
Personally think we should let him go now. Although I fully understand all players want to play as high as possible, if he is that uncommitted then I think we should let him go. Once he starts playing he'll either:

a) Be sh*t because he is p*ssed about not getting a chance higher up = no good to us
b) Be amazing and be gone by xmas = no good to us

edit: Although if b) then dependant on the type of contract we could get some cash for him which would be the only positive outcome.

This is from the previous thread titled Tyrone Kirk and I haven't changed my mind. Am really pleased he's gone as I wasn't impressed with his lack of commitment to us and to be frank the 60 minutes against Brigg where very uninspiring, tried to take too many players on and when losing the ball didn't track back and help out Nick Jackson (by the way he played outstanding given the lack of cover from Kirk) and just stood flapping his arms and complaining. Think he would of fitted in well with last years squad with his "I'm better than this level" attitude.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2009, 10:23:32 PM »
whos the other player then whos been also playing for macclesfield ?

barmyarmy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2009, 05:55:12 PM »
yh who is this other player kon ???

pilgrimfan

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2009, 05:59:18 PM »
its simon ashton the youth team player. He played for Macclesfield.

townender3385

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2009, 04:03:15 PM »
i dont think that tyrone would have fitted into our team well. but im a bit gutted we wont get any money for him