Author Topic: today......  (Read 2164 times)

nikko

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
today......
« on: May 04, 2024, 08:38:36 PM »
well done lads,watching from the stands you'd never know we'd had such a tough run in ..the fitness levels were unreal over the last few weeks ..credit to cully and co and thanks for finally getting us out of this pisspot league.....just the boost this town needed.....and let's not forget Sir David Newton for everything he's done for our great club....didn't someone metion once we lacked ambition? well eat your words,the only way is up!!!!

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
Re: today......
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2024, 08:52:33 PM »
Great post. All the people saying the chairman didn’t want to go up !!!! Proud day. The plays off have been just amazing. I hope the management,support staff and players get the plaudits they deserve.

Enjoy the moment. 

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2024, 09:08:45 PM »
What a day, what a brilliant all round team performance to get the win today.

Didn't let heads drop when going one down.

Fantastic for the Chairman, management and players for making this happen. The team have finally done it after working towards this promotion for the last 14 years at this level. The move to Hybrid this season has paid off, what a team. Big step up for next season, get our key players - Gregory, Rowe, Bostwick, Knowles, Richards signed up for next season and will need to add a couple of quality players to stay up.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2024, 10:59:57 PM »
What a truly wonderful day, the lads gave it their all and rattled a very good side, All credit to the management team who set them up to do a great job. Don't want to mention individual performers as they all played their parts to perfection but I must mention David and his board, how lucky are we to have these people running our wonderful club in such a great way? Our support goes from strength to strength and a special mention for Mick Small who I am proud to travel with who makes every away day a day to remember, and of course BUSA who are working so hard to assist the club. Let us all come together and get right behind the club next season. I am now going to pack my BUFC Shirts to wear with pride in the next 10 days in Menorca.
PS I will still be providing the little momento for the winner of our prediction league so a big thankyou to Ken for running that for us.  UTP.   

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2024, 11:57:04 PM »
Agree with everything, Mel, of course. And I must say that their manager, Gavin Cowan, was very gracious in his interview on the Brackley website. I wish them well next season. For a club that doesn't have a large fan base, they have consistently punched above their weight whilst playing decent football.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2024, 08:54:32 AM »
Brackley made us very welcome.  Can we sign their numbers 4  and 9 would be a great asset to our team.  I mirror everything Mel has put. Onwards and upwards.
Do not trust atoms, they make up everything.

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2024, 10:39:37 AM »
I won't lie, I didn't think we had a chance of winning the play-offs. Alfreton, Scunthorpe and Brackley away? I saw Brackley beat us a month ago and they barely broke sweat. I am very happy for DN, who has never lost faith. I have no idea what IC has planned for the close season, but I think our promotion will help him get what he wants. Personally, I will be happy with any position next season outside the bottom four.

Well done lads.

UTP

Cousin Jack

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2024, 01:14:48 PM »

Well done to everyone - management, players, backroom staff, & travelling support, superb performances all round !   Special thanks to Chestnuts, without the support and guidance of David and Neil none of this would have happened.  Commiserations to Brackley who are a very decent footballing side - hope they finally achieve promotion next season.
           We listened to the game and post match interviews on Radio Lincs as we're on a campsite up in Orkney - excellent coverage,well done to all involved, especially Rob & Craig.

danboston

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2024, 04:19:10 PM »
A fantastic day for the club: congratulations, Pilgrims!  :D

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2024, 07:29:51 PM »
ditto all the above..
pleased for the management team, who have had their critics, but have prevailed.

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2024, 08:53:37 AM »
Just a brilliant day! Congratulations to everyone. I watched it back again and we were brilliant in the second half. I always feel confident that Ian will make any necessary changes at half time. A lot of emotion on the pitch at the end..

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2024, 08:28:21 AM »
I don't want to be that one but once we got into the play offs I didn't think we needed to fear anyone.

Alfreton - match their physicality and you're 90% of the way there.

Scunthorpe - best squad in the division but too many who don't fancy a battle.

Brackley - best team in the division but we had to beat them sometime.

Pleased as punch to finally end the curse, the hard work starts now, we don't want to be back in regional football in 12 months time, backing and recruitment needs to be bang on.

copper89

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2024, 08:34:51 AM »
Agreed Andy, the club has to give Cully the ok to get in who he wants. In the main his and the scouts instincts have served us well this season. Get this right and there's no reason we can't flourish in the NL.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2024, 11:51:51 AM »
All 3 National League Play Offs winners began with B. Bromley, Boston and Braintree.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2024, 12:37:57 PM »
Agreed Andy, the club has to give Cully the ok to get in who he wants. In the main his and the scouts instincts have served us well this season. Get this right and there's no reason we can't flourish in the NL.

Honestly I'd take survival now.

Even a cynic like me needs to cut them some slack next season, its going to be a steep learning curve, I'm sure Christian will tell us how previous play off winners have fared but my guess is around half come straight back down or are back in North/South within 2 seasons. The gap in quality is almost PL-Championship now.