Author Topic: HEARTBREAKER  (Read 4392 times)

cookie

• View Profile
HEARTBREAKER
« on: January 25, 2010, 10:07:10 AM »
TOP TRIBUTE BAND APPEARING AT BOSTON UNITED’S PILGRIM LOUNGE

One of the best tribute bands in the country appear at Boston United’s Pilgrim Lounge this Saturday 30th January. ‘Heartbreaker’ are a tribute to the current lead singer with Queen, Paul Rodgers, who features the music of Queen, and his former bands, Free & Bad Company. The band plays a selection of songs from the different eras of Paul Rodgers; spanning over his 41 year career at the top.

Heartbreaker play a two hour set, the main part of the show starting at 8.30pm, they play songs that Paul Rodgers has co-wrote with Queen: Celebrity, Small, Cosmos Rocking and Voodoo from the Cosmos Rocks album as well as classic songs by Queen: Tie Your Mother Down, Fat Bottomed Girls, We Will Rock You and many more.

They also feature classic tracks by Bad Company: Can't Get Enough, Feel Like Making Love, Seagull, Shooting Star and the track Bad Company. This set closes with tracks from the band Free with such classics as: Wishing Well & All Right Now.

Tickets are available now at only £3.00 each from The Pilgrim Lounge (01205 362967), Boston United (01205 364406), Chris Cook Print (01205 355355), Regency Dry Cleaners in Dolphin Lane, Boston and Yates & Greenhough in Emery Lane, Boston.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: HEARTBREAKER
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 11:48:35 AM »
Got mine Chris,looking forward to it,should be a good night  :)

cookie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 01:24:19 PM »
Thanks Neil
Yes ticket sales are picking up hopefully should be quite a few in to see a really good band.
Keep passing the word around!

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 07:41:07 PM »

Not sure if this is something you have considered, Chris, but it struck me that there'll be a coach load of Boston fans arriving back from Kendal on Saturday night and presumably getting back into town too late for the scheduled 20:30 entertainment start time. After a long day on the road most will be glad of a couple of pints, though the £3 admission fee is likely to act as a deterrant to them using the Social Club given that they will have already missed some of the entertainment.

Could the club offer some form of concession to entice its travelling supporters into the Social Club on arrival back into town? They are afterall already supporting the club in other ways, and any such move may pay for itself - if not on the door then certainly at the bar.

cookie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 08:51:16 AM »
Yes good idea LP I'll sort something out for them today! Perhaps a 50% admission ticket?

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 11:05:23 PM »
Highway is my favourite Free LP, closely followed by Heartbreaker  8)
£3 is a bargain price, is there any decent ale on?

cookie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 10:47:49 AM »
Batemans is on at a special offer price of £2.20 a pint, John Smiths is only £2.40, while Guinness and Kronenburg are only £2.70 a pint, closely followed by Carling at only £2.50!
Cracking prices I think you'll agree.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 10:05:11 AM »
i can get hammered for a fiver

cookie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 01:25:47 PM »
Good articles in both 'The Target' and 'The Standard', many thanks to Daniel Jaines and Nikki Dutton for helping with promotion.