Author Topic: Jay Dowie returns?  (Read 6098 times)

Boo

• View Profile
Jay Dowie returns?
« on: August 18, 2015, 05:10:48 PM »

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Jay Dowie returns?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 05:56:57 PM »
 Thanks .. ( is he a midget ?)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 06:45:52 PM »
Jay Dowie

Date of Birth: 28/12/91

Nationality: British

Height: 5ft 8½ "

Weight: 71kg

Current Club: Unattached

Previous Clubs: Boston United, Histon

Position: Centre Midfield

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 06:58:32 PM »
   ( I refer my hon friends to the thoughts of dt woodhall ,etc )
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 07:02:16 PM by father Ted »

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 08:05:47 PM »
Dowie in - Sheridan out.

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2015, 08:36:17 PM »
Hope this is a wind up, surely just training with squad till Sunday leagues start,
Well just hope it's one of them.

Nothing on official site ... Again

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 08:41:59 PM »
On C.S 's  BUFC Twitter I believe ,tho stuff appears in wrong order on my screen ..

Tony A

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2015, 08:50:35 PM »
Dowie on the bench tonight. Dennis really losing it. Cant he see what everyone else sees. Dowie was too small and just not good enough first time round, very lightweight. We still need a decent left back and big cover for midfield/defence in my opinion. What was wrong with the big black guy trialist, he looked a good prospect. Seems Dennis got rid of one player and brought in someone weaker, strange tactic.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2015, 09:07:09 PM »
Dowie on the bench tonight. Dennis really losing it. Cant he see what everyone else sees. Dowie was too small and just not good enough first time round, very lightweight. We still need a decent left back and big cover for midfield/defence in my opinion. What was wrong with the big black guy trialist, he looked a good prospect. Seems Dennis got rid of one player and brought in someone weaker, strange tactic.

I personally think Dowie played well during his previous spell and is better than the man just released.  Not sure how you can say Dens losing it when we won at the weekend and now at the moment winning away and by all accounts playing some very good football ? I agree we need cover in defence but expect that to happen over the coming week or so.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2015, 10:00:39 PM »
I am not Dowies greatest fan but he has got to be better than the player he has replaced it appears to me that he gets injuries fastening his laces. A great result tonight just disappointed they didn't get the four I predicted. Having read the statement regarding the new stadium all I want to say is if you love the Pilgrims give the lads your wholehearted support. Well done lads we are on the up again.  UTP.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2015, 01:25:01 PM »
I think Dowie did a lot of things last time, that went unnoticed. He harrasses the opposition on the ball, has good movement and was OK at picking a (short) pass. Just because he doesn't go flying into a tackle, or spray 50 yard passes, doesn't make him a bad midfielder. He did alright when he came on last night, that extra barrier between attacking midfield and defence.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2015, 01:49:45 PM »

Where does Dowie live?

Last time around I believe he was travelling from the London area which, whilst not ideal, worked on the basis of sharing journeys with Rene Steer and Jake Hall. Is he still in the same area and does he now travel on his own? If so, you'd have to assume logistics will come into play at some point and this may only be a short term fix.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2015, 02:09:14 PM »
Stevenage, I believe. Shortish train journey from Peterborough, which is where Ravas, Felix and Mills are based.

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2015, 08:01:43 PM »
I only went to one pre-season friendly and so only saw Ogbodo play once. I'm prepared to believe he was better in his other games for us, but blimey he was dreadful that night. When he wasn't falling over and/or missing tackles he was underhitting really simple balls to play others into trouble. We even had a conversation about whether he was the worst player Dennis had played - I was that Hednesford away game so clearly he wasn't but he must have had a poor match for us to consider that.

It was no surprise when he was subbed or indeed that he disappeared after.