Author Topic: The Lincoln Echo  (Read 4929 times)

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
The Lincoln Echo
« on: May 04, 2011, 07:40:36 AM »
Just read the match report which appears full of glee that the Pilgrims have a disadvantage in the second leg.  So much for reasoned reporting, they seem desperate that Lincoln arn't playing Boston next season they want us to stay where we are.

Boo

• View Profile
Re: The Lincoln Echo
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 08:22:30 AM »
LINCOLN ECHO FAIL AGAIN

SportsEcho, Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Action from last night's Blue Square Bet North play-off semi-final.

http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/sport/Boston-United-fall-narrow-play-leg-loss-Peyton-s-wonder-strike/article-3517423-detail/article.html

The President

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 09:20:10 AM »
What about that photo in the report!!!!! Thought we played in Amber and they were in white how Tinpot ???

Shippy92

• Just another Snapper...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 11:32:24 AM »
What about that photo in the report!!!!! Thought we played in Amber and they were in white how Tinpot ???

Haha yeah..... lets just say there was a breakdown of communication between the photographer (me) and the reporter which led to the wrong photos being taken off a memory card. It happens.

Joe65

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 11:56:21 AM »
I've just read the report and it doesn't say anything about Boston being at a disadvantage - thought it was a more than reasonable report.

Considering the Echo is aimed at Lincoln people, I think we get very good coverage from them. Think they also do the Target stuff as well, might be the same company.

I think we get fantastic media coverage (BBC Lincs coverage last night was excellent as well) - most clubs at this level would bit your hand off for the amount of coverage we get from the local media.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 12:08:31 PM »

Barwell v United in FA youth Cup was the photo,did the Echo bother sending anyone to the game or were that at home listening to it on the radio??

Shippy92

• Just another Snapper...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 12:26:05 PM »

Barwell v United in FA youth Cup was the photo,did the Echo bother sending anyone to the game or were that at home listening to it on the radio??

No there was someone there. Like I say there was a slight miscommunication which led to the wrong photos being taken off the memory card by the reporter (due to having internet difficulties myself) - This is not the fault of the reporter or the echo - its just a simple mistake.

The Lincs echo does give us great coverage considering - Just a shame this had to happen on a big game! There will however be a report and photographs (from the right game  ::) ) In the Non League paper this week :)

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 01:02:02 PM »
Poor reporting anyway - Spencer's header that 'drifted' just wide?  That was a good save by the keeper - credit to the ref for noticing the save and giving us the corner, seeing as he missed the far more obvious use of hands by the defender just before!

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 01:25:00 PM »
Poor reporting anyway - Spencer's header that 'drifted' just wide?  That was a good save by the keeper - credit to the ref for noticing the save and giving us the corner, seeing as he missed the far more obvious use of hands by the defender just before!
Indeed and they also missed the fact Bazza tipped the effort onto the bar not hitting it directly...