Author Topic: Dudfield is back  (Read 16533 times)

LPRA

• View Profile
Dudfield is back
« on: August 15, 2011, 11:26:26 AM »
http://www.bufc.co.uk/article/3445089/United-recruit-striker-Dudfield

Doesn't say whether it is long or short-term though...

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Dudfield is back
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 11:47:02 AM »
Short term at a guess from what was said at the back end of last year.

I for one am pleased about him been back, His work rate and passing at the back of last season was well above what anybody expected so welcome back duddy.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 11:56:33 AM »
I'd have him on the bench tomorrow night - if Semps is fit, with Newsh in the middle.

LPRA

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 12:01:33 PM »
Newsh is too small to play the lone striker in a 4-5-1. Dudfield will get the nod.

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 12:06:34 PM »
Very happy to see Dudfield back. He really impressed me last season during his stint with us. His flick ons and lay offs to target men up front stood out for me.

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 12:17:51 PM »
Newsh is too small to play the lone striker in a 4-5-1. Dudfield will get the nod.

play him just behind newsh, as long as semp is back on the right with holsgrove on the left. 4,4,2
if semp's not fit then i'll let the managers make the choices. could work out well if semp is fit.

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 12:23:46 PM »
Very pleased to see him back. I was sceptical when we first re-signed him last season, but he proved me wrong, and was excellent. Hope he stays for the full season.

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 02:09:29 PM »
Very pleased to see him back. I was sceptical when we first re-signed him last season, but he proved me wrong, and was excellent. Hope he stays for the full season.

snap

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 03:04:26 PM »

snap
double snap

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 03:06:29 PM »
Back on a match-by match basis according to BBC teletext.Lawrie will be o.k. we saw at the back end of last season he can still play at this level.I still think we are papering over the cracks to some extent though.If we really have aspirations for promotion i don't see where the goals are going to come from.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2011, 03:20:03 PM »
Back on a match-by match basis according to BBC teletext.Lawrie will be o.k. we saw at the back end of last season he can still play at this level.I still think we are papering over the cracks to some extent though.If we really have aspirations for promotion i don't see where the goals are going to come from.
as much as i agree we we also have no cash

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2011, 03:31:09 PM »
as much as i agree we we also have no cash

Why do we have no cash??According to the Chairman in the programme for the pre-season games,the budget has been cut "lightly".If this is so then i believe we should have a squad at least approaching the quality of last seasons.In a couple of positions i don't believe we have.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2011, 04:13:30 PM »
To much to explain, But things are getting a lot better but are a long way of good, just see where we are come xmas, where in one of those seasons where we may have to make some costly choices around xmas time so id rather the club hold onto the rest of the budget.

BosstickPilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2011, 04:57:29 PM »
According to Blue square web site he is staying for the season:

Striker Lawrie Dudfield has returned to Boston United on a one-year deal, boosting the Pilgrims' strikeforce after the season's opening fixture.  Following injuries to strike trio Mikel Suarez, Julian Joachim and Mickey Stones, Dudfield has agreed to return to the Jakemans Stadium for a third spell after a short stint at the close of the 2010/11 term.

The 31-year-old signed on Monday morning and will be available to feature against Histon at home on Tuesday evening.

Having previously played for the Pilgrims between 2005 and 2006, the frontman struck once in five starts last campaign - his impressive volley against Blyth Spartans on April 23 one the highlights of the Blue Square Bet North season.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 05:01:54 PM by BosstickPilgrim »

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2011, 05:16:42 PM »
Let's hope he's kept himself fit!