Author Topic: Saturdays Home game in the playoffs.  (Read 10185 times)

hozzer

• View Profile
Re: Saturdays Home game in the playoffs.
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2015, 11:44:03 AM »
I usually sit 2nd half in the york street end so a little dissapointed. However the atmosphere the town end can generate and how that then can spread around the ground with fans banging on the boardings out ways it.

against league 3, an idiots guide to making the rich richer and the poor poorer.

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2015, 12:23:25 PM »
Can't see the game being segregated as last time we played at this stage the attendance was 2640 although we did lose the away leg 0-1 which may have knocked a handful off. Attendance could be higher this time though as despite being in the same position going into the last game of the season (third) the attendance was 1610 over 400 lower than last Saturday. Maybe this is due to the better brand of football played under Greene than S and H? S and H produced an organised side and it was reasonable to watch but we didn't have anyone who excited the crowed in the same way that the likes of Steer and Felix do. To be honest although we got a much higher points total that season (around 80  i think?) this squad is much better and the only players from that team that would get in this one were Pearson and Church. McKeown was top class but not counting him as he was only loan and left around Christmas.

The country was in the middle of a deep recession and I should imagine that played some part to the lower attendance.  Tomorrow's match could be booster by Lincoln City supporters as they will want Boston Utd to get promotion especially if Grimsby also gain promotion (although I hope they don't for selfish reasons)!

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2015, 03:50:58 PM »
I'm bringing four mates along tomorrow who aren't even Boston fans, but even they've been getting excited about this. Will we break the 3,000 mark? We can but hope.

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2015, 08:55:41 AM »
3,000 = about £30,000. Where does this money go? Anyone know? And what did Barrow get for winning the league?

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2015, 09:14:20 AM »
3,000 = about £30,000. Where does this money go? Anyone know? And what did Barrow get for winning the league?

Where it normally goes for any league match perhaps?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2015, 09:59:19 AM »
Into the club bank account? Probably a few thousand, but the main thing is promotion!