Author Topic: Jake Wright  (Read 6892 times)

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Jake Wright
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2019, 08:15:20 AM »
I thought for one horrible minute the glass was half full. Normal service resumes

Come on Pete how the bloody hell are we going to be able to score goals with all these forwards? The club have really let us down again get things sorted Chestnuts.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2019, 09:24:27 AM »
Dayle southwell, scored very few goals the season before he came to us, and look how it turned out in the end.

You are correct Obt .    One of the few goals Dayle scored was against bufc when on loan to Harrogate ,  at Grimsby like with most teams the young players get little opportunity to play competitive matches hence his low score rate .       
I've been round the block a few more times than youngsters like you and OXO  ;) .   I base my comments on past records (reality)  not on unfounded hope .    Your quote in sarcasm "unprovern forwards " is in fact perfectly correct .      Tuton ,  Thewis and Knowles over the past 4 (four ) seasons have scored a combined total of less than 40 goals ,  average of 3 goals per player per season .          Hopefully I will be proven wrong but I would be surprised if more than one of these players score over 15 goals for the season .   

Has they say it's a funny old game !     Tshimanga who we released a year ago (which I thought was the correct decison ) went on to score as many goals for the season as the 3 above have scored between then in 4 seasons .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2019, 09:47:07 AM »
I thought for one horrible minute the glass was half full. Normal service resumes

Come on Pete how the bloody hell are we going to be able to score goals with all these forwards? The club have really let us down again get things sorted Chestnuts.

Now MEL ,as I have told your pal Old boy I have been round the block a few more times than you young football fans and golfers who base your hopes on dreams .   Like Ob you through in what was meant as a sarcastic comment was in reality is a well founded question .     

Anyone going through my 5000 posts on here will be unable to find one critical of the Chestnuts and plenty defending them against fans who have knocked then .                     I hope my 73 years of going down YS terminates with promotion with a side containing TWO 25 +goalscorers .

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2019, 04:43:10 PM »
Dayle southwell, scored very few goals the season before he came to us, and look how it turned out in the end.

You are correct Obt .    One of the few goals Dayle scored was against bufc when on loan to Harrogate ,  at Grimsby like with most teams the young players get little opportunity to play competitive matches hence his low score rate .       
I've been round the block a few more times than youngsters like you and OXO  ;) .   I base my comments on past records (reality)  not on unfounded hope .    Your quote in sarcasm "unprovern forwards " is in fact perfectly correct .      Tuton ,  Thewis and Knowles over the past 4 (four ) seasons have scored a combined total of less than 40 goals ,  average of 3 goals per player per season .          Hopefully I will be proven wrong but I would be surprised if more than one of these players score over 15 goals for the season .   

Has they say it's a funny old game !     Tshimanga who we released a year ago (which I thought was the correct decison ) went on to score as many goals for the season as the 3 above have scored between then in 4 seasons .
I do agree with you that we may not have a golden boot player in our team, but from what l have seen so far is that we have several goal scores among the squad.
Yes it's nice to have one 20plus a season striker, but if he is your main goalscorer and gets injured,many teams then struggle to find the net.
On the other hand if the goals are coming from several different players it gives us more options and attacking threat, l always think you should keep the opposition guessing and not put your eggs in one basket.
We will score plenty of goals this season and hopefully from midfield with George Green now on board.
I hope you have good season GHM, l always love to see you posting on here, your posts are very interesting and informative, l also hope you are recognised by the club for long standing support.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2019, 04:53:05 PM »
Interesting article concerning Jake, looks like he is surplus to requirements.
https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/17799283.york-city-striker-jake-wright-joins-boston-united-loan/
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2019, 06:13:31 PM »
Interesting article concerning Jake, looks like he is surplus to requirements.
https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/17799283.york-city-striker-jake-wright-joins-boston-united-loan/

in comments by York fans they describe Wright in mush the same way they did Reece Thompson so lets hope he comes and performs on the field as well RT did.              I think either Jake or Clare have got to establish themselves as goal scorer alongside , hopefully  Thewis
who if  fit would create openings for either .     

I hope we all have a great season Op ,  and the only recognition I desire is the continuation of kind posts from posters like yourselve .