Author Topic: ON TRIAL  (Read 6637 times)

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
ON TRIAL
« on: July 02, 2013, 06:45:07 PM »
OUT of the trialist only 1 name mentioned,right footed m/field  player SOLOMON SHIELDS.

was there no defenders or left footed players there, its well nown were we are short of players.

why are they not coming??

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: ON TRIAL
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 08:19:04 PM »
How do you know out of the others who weren't named, what their positions are?

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 08:50:56 PM »
Not sure why we'd single out and specifically name one triallist but not any of the others. All this has done is alerted other clubs of one of the players we're looking at. Unless its a done deal and Shields is closer to signing than any of the others?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 09:08:39 PM »
OUT of the trialist only 1 name mentioned,right footed m/field  player SOLOMON SHIELDS.

was there no defenders or left footed players there, its well nown were we are short of players.

why are they not coming??

We have one issue out here in our little corner of the wash, most players dont want that 30 min to hour extra traveling, its already been said this has cost us a few deals.

Players want more to compensate for extra diesal/, something we cant give

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 09:28:08 PM »
Not sure why we'd single out and specifically name one triallist but not any of the others. All this has done is alerted other clubs of one of the players we're looking at. Unless its a done deal and Shields is closer to signing than any of the others?
Timms named him on Twitter.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 09:55:11 PM »
Miele,

It's not all done and dusted if we haven't got our squad sorted out by the first training session. Relax and trust the management team.

At this level, there will be plenty more comings and goings before a ball is kicked in anger.

DL

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 09:55:51 PM »

In my opinion hope he signs for another club .

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 10:01:02 PM »
Why?? You have never seen him play could be excellent player. Great post Daniel totally agree we have to be patient with decent players on trial at higher league clubs at present plenty of players will become available in next couple of weeks.

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 10:54:57 PM »
I see James Ozmen (midfielder who we were linked with during the dreary era) is going to sign for trinity on Thursday.

Hate to say it, but they seem to be assembling a decent side in north of the county. Especially if the 80% budget cut is to be believed.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2013, 06:09:16 AM »
I see James Ozmen (midfielder who we were linked with during the dreary era) is going to sign for trinity on Thursday.

Hate to say it, but they seem to be assembling a decent side in north of the county. Especially if the 80% budget cut is to be believed.

Tbf to them a big budget cut as only made them come in line with most clubs, the work don by there fans in regards to fundraising as been fantastic so they have no reason to not be a decent team.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2013, 06:27:14 AM »

If that's the case then maybe the manager ought to have a word with the squad about what they tweet. At this time of year we need to play our cards close to our chest. Whilst it's always good for fans to know what's happening at the club, the bigger issue here is that we don't want to be alerting other clubs to the players we're looking at. The risk is that another club somewhere will then come forward and offer more money. A couple of years ago we had Michael O'Leary on trial. His name then got banded about in the press and next thing we knew he was a Gain$borough £rinity player.

Incidentally Dartford released centre-back Mark Arber, to allow him to get a club nearer to his home in Peterborough. When that story first broke I did wonder if he'd be on our radar - 650 league appearances, experienced centre half (New Alan White etc.), right geographical area and all of those factors. But then a story appeared on the Corby website that he'd signed for them. That's the way to do transfer business at this time of year - don't reveal the names of the players until they've signed the paperwork and then surprise everyone when the story breaks. I think the manager is generally doing things the right way - how many of us had any inkling about Peter Bore, for example? But we don't want the players' tweets to undermine what the manager is trying to do.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 06:41:20 AM by leicester pilgrim »

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2013, 10:18:30 AM »

Tbf to them a big budget cut as only made them come in line with most clubs, the work don by there fans in regards to fundraising as been fantastic so they have no reason to not be a decent team.
READ about WARD in the target what is he trying to tell us.
I don't think its sour grapes on his part he feels he can improve at trinity.
I think he as made a good move and HOUSHAM will be fair with him that's for sure.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2013, 10:40:09 AM »

I agree, they are fundraising well but all of their ideas seem to be short-term. How long will it last?

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2013, 10:46:22 AM »

If that's the case then maybe the manager ought to have a word with the squad about what they tweet. At this time of year we need to play our cards close to our chest. Whilst it's always good for fans to know what's happening at the club, the bigger issue here is that we don't want to be alerting other clubs to the players we're looking at. The risk is that another club somewhere will then come forward and offer more money. A couple of years ago we had Michael O'Leary on trial. His name then got banded about in the press and next thing we knew he was a Gain$borough £rinity player.

Incidentally Dartford released centre-back Mark Arber, to allow him to get a club nearer to his home in Peterborough. When that story first broke I did wonder if he'd be on our radar - 650 league appearances, experienced centre half (New Alan White etc.), right geographical area and all of those factors. But then a story appeared on the Corby website that he'd signed for them. That's the way to do transfer business at this time of year - don't reveal the names of the players until they've signed the paperwork and then surprise everyone when the story breaks. I think the manager is generally doing things the right way - how many of us had any inkling about Peter Bore, for example? But we don't want the players' tweets to undermine what the manager is trying to do.

I totally agree with this, in my opinion we should keep our transfer dealings completely under the radar.  The Wilde situation was a perfect example, where we announced we had signed a left back and then three weeks on the deal collapsed.  We shouldn't announce anything until its a done deal (i.e. contract signed), to avoid us looking stupid or alerting other clubs.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2013, 12:25:20 PM »

I totally agree with this, in my opinion we should keep our transfer dealings completely under the radar.  The Wilde situation was a perfect example, where we announced we had signed a left back and then three weeks on the deal collapsed.  We shouldn't announce anything until its a done deal (i.e. contract signed), to avoid us looking stupid or alerting other clubs.
THE L/back sago was GREENES inexperience,it gives the player a chance to see if anyone else is interested pluss trinity.