Author Topic: Tonight  (Read 8655 times)

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Tonight
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2017, 11:07:04 PM »
what a great effort from BUFC tonight v $alford....in the end it sadly wasn't enough and our usual defensive error cost us the game...lots of positives though...if we keep playing to tonights level,hopefully our luck will change.
agree 100%
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

youngchubby69

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2017, 01:16:21 AM »
It's a big chubby thumbs up from me, we were the better side for sure.
Been beaten again by a defence error, not by Salford brilliance, thought Pidge was ordinary,he certainly looks to have slipped backwards, perhaps because he his to busy looking at his bank balance.
Like how they chickend out coming past the Boston fans at the end.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2017, 07:06:23 AM »
Sorry YC must have watched a different game to me. Never once did Pidge looked troubled and he’s the first guy that I’ve seen boss Greg in a match and he looked fitter than during his time here. We did though I agree that we did really well with work rate and commitment but really only had a long throw as a threat as apart from that we didn’t create which is our problem this season. But encouraging and the crowd didn’t get on the players backs. As for them chickening out what from.  To a man they all went in the social club so I don’t think a few jibes would worry them. McGuire my m o m

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2017, 12:40:48 PM »
Can't fault the commitment tonight, gave it a go but we are seriously lacking in quality, we could have played all night and still wouldn't have scored, all told a fairly comfortable win for Salford who nullified everything Boston could offer which in all honesty was not a lot, hopefully New manager can inject some fresh ideas.
                 We Are Boston
Your right about lacking quality & it needs to be addressed sharpish. It's been highlighted since the first game v southport on here. A creative midfielder type similar to Roberts/Ross/Hilliard or Agnew would make such a difference, with Keane + McGuire holding & Vinno alongside them. Add a goal scorer & maybe we could start winning again.

Wonder if Chapman's in the process of moving on? He hasn't played for 9 games. Wasn't even on bench last night. Would free up some dough for better options.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2017, 12:44:39 PM »
Hasn't Chapmans contract run out ?

youngchubby69

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2017, 04:29:30 PM »
Sorry YC must have watched a different game to me. Never once did Pidge looked troubled and he’s the first guy that I’ve seen boss Greg in a match and he looked fitter than during his time here. We did though I agree that we did really well with work rate and commitment but really only had a long throw as a threat as apart from that we didn’t create which is our problem this season. But encouraging and the crowd didn’t get on the players backs. As for them chickening out what from.  To a man they all went in the social club so I don’t think a few jibes would worry them. McGuire my m o m

Sorry to upset anyone over Pidge, but I have never rated him, don't go in the club after games,as I have to go to work.
But totally agree with your other comments, we need some new players up front for sure, yes we did okay last night, but we won't create until we pass the ball and move.
Nobody last night wanted to run in behind their defence, perhaps that will come in time.