Author Topic: Kings lynn.  (Read 4245 times)

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Kings lynn.
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2023, 12:08:54 PM »
When Cully took over the squad was so poor he could have played him in goal.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2023, 12:48:42 PM »
Reading between the lines and guessing a bit I get the feeling Leesley was one of the bigger earners on the wage bill and Culverhouse had to get him out to free up funds to get other players in. He was getting in the team first few weeks under Cully until the week before when he'd likely already arranged to go, so may be not purely a footballing decision.

Joe Leesley has a podcast, there was an episode a couple of months ago with him and Jordan Burrow which was quite interesting. I think Leesley said something along the lines of 'he was told he had to go' when talking about leaving Boston implying it wasn't him wanting to go. Also noted about the Boston fans not liking him (can't remember exactly what he said will have to re-listen to it) which was a bit of shame, as I think he was generally appreciated just a few moments where a minority were on his back.  Jordan Burrow generally spoke well of the club, resigning him when injured last summer and paying half of his private medical costs for injury. One of the things discussed was the difference between full time and part time, with generally clubs helping with rehab for injures more at full time and it generally being easier rather than juggling part time with another job, Burrow said he would be open to going full time again if he got the opportunity so I should think he will stay with our move towards full time ish next season.

TheThirdTwin

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2023, 06:21:04 PM »
Let's be honest though: Leesley never really fit in here. I'm just happy he's found a proper home at Kiddy. Very good player but he simply didn't get played in his best position here.
I don’t think any of the managers he played under every truly found his best position. I agree he’s a talented player, but if you can’t work out what to do with him, then you’ll never get the best out of him.
His time at Darlington coincided with them on top of our league, and he’s obviously fitted in well at Kiddy.
Maybe we just had a round peg in several square holes?

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2023, 09:08:43 PM »
I must have missed something. Playing for us I never saw him as the very good or talented player mentioned. Maybe there were injuries along the way..

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2023, 10:40:09 AM »
Let's be honest though: Leesley never really fit in here. I'm just happy he's found a proper home at Kiddy. Very good player but he simply didn't get played in his best position here.
I don’t think any of the managers he played under every truly found his best position. I agree he’s a talented player, but if you can’t work out what to do with him, then you’ll never get the best out of him.
His time at Darlington coincided with them on top of our league, and he’s obviously fitted in well at Kiddy.
Maybe we just had a round peg in several square holes?

I think that's exactly it. I was surprised when we re-signed him last summer as I didn't feel Paul Cox liked playing wingers! Then seeing him line up at centre-back for the first game of the season you felt like it was going to be a disaster... and it was.