Author Topic: Open question to the club  (Read 11044 times)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Open question to the club
« on: April 21, 2012, 05:24:55 PM »
Given yet another gutless surrender today at a club that attracts about 50% of our support, can you explain to me as a (soon to be ex) season ticket holder how the situation has arisen that in 12 months we've gone from genuine play off contenders to mid table also rans and yet the man who's overseen this slump is given another season to 'work his magic'? Excuses about loss of key personnel in the summer are weak in the extreme, we had the pick of the same players the other clubs had, why have we performed so miserably?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Open question to the club
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 05:27:02 PM »
What was the score today anyway? I guess we lost because Craig has updated the official site?

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 05:35:08 PM »
Its Saturday, Jason Lee's Boston Utd always lose on Saturday.

We chucked in the towell after the Alty game, this team is a bloody disgrace. I'd get shut of the lot of them, they've not been collectively good enough this season so why should next season be any different?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 05:56:17 PM »
Just read o/s "strong rally" Agree with you Norty40 a big clearout. Get rid of the reserves and Co!

Poros

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 06:46:32 PM »
To me it's simple. Let's spend sh+% loads of money on star players, OR, build from the bottom and get the foundations of a CLUB that will last. Short term fixes don't work I'm afraid.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 06:51:32 PM »
Sorry Poros but some will never be able to grasp the basic economics of running the club ,

Poros

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 06:54:34 PM »
That's right mate, they don't realise how lucky we are to still have a club.

Poros

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2012, 06:56:03 PM »
It's a bit like building a house. Get firm foundations, it will last for ever.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2012, 08:57:40 PM »
Ironical thread in as much as that if the Hyde manager and players had been recruited for Boston this forum would have been peppered with negitive comments pre-season .
"Cheap option"  "unambitious" etc .     Just shows what we know about recruiting managers .

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 10:41:30 PM »
Far too many knob heads on here just spouting rubbish and dragging the club down in my view. This is after all a public forum, those from other clubs must think what a load of tossers people like ......  ;) you know who  ;)  are in just running down all D Newton does to keep this club alive. I'm with the likes of Tony A, my season ticket is in the bag, and I've enjoyed another season of highs N lows but glad we still have great support from a commited and generous chairman. The losers should remember that x  :bunny
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Lord Lucan

• Happy Monkey Say Monkey Do Clapper season2014-2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2012, 11:50:50 AM »
Given yet another gutless surrender today at a club that attracts about 50% of our support, can you explain to me as a (soon to be ex) season ticket holder how the situation has arisen that in 12 months we've gone from genuine play off contenders to mid table also rans and yet the man who's overseen this slump is given another season to 'work his magic'? Excuses about loss of key personnel in the summer are weak in the extreme, we had the pick of the same players the other clubs had, why have we performed so miserably?
Its Saturday, Jason Lee's Boston Utd always lose on Saturday.

We chucked in the towell after the Alty game, this team is a bloody disgrace. I'd get shut of the lot of them, they've not been collectively good enough this season so why should next season be any different?

moan moan moan
so next season is a right off as well mmmmmm maybe you should change your name to "mystic moaner40s"
Isn't it easy to run a football club from your computer, all I seem to read on here from you is negativity about our club, So your not renewing your season ticket "GOOD" At least you won't be on here touting your tickets to matches you can't attend. Ooopppps I am not suppose to have a go at you on here even though you seem to be able to call members of this club (staff & players) (even supporters if you don't agree with their views) what you like.(dish it out my friend  expect to receive it back)
   I for one will be buying my season ticket for next season because unlike you I support my club through thick and thin (which in your view is what you call a happy clapper) I would call myself a TRUE supporter  
   We are all entitled to our point of view and this is mine.
  Rant over.
(no doubt I will be shot down by the doom & gloom merchants on here)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 11:57:59 AM by Mickey Nuttells Hair »
Lets be more positive lets take the GRIM out of pilGRIM patter.
(from a so called on many occasions happy clapper)

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, 04:12:01 PM »
1 agree 100% NF.

We could finish probably 3 or 4 points off relegation. Thank goodness we got a few points end of Feb otherwise those last 10 games would have been a nightmare.

You do realise that we are not allowed to constructively criticise on here otherwise the planted subscribers and happy clappers will be upset.

I just cannot understand how DN thinks Jason will get this right next year. Players from Boston FC and Lincoln Utd are just not going to be the answer.

Jason must clear out virtually all the current squad. I now think only 5 should be offered terms-- Sleath, Milnes, Ross, Newsham and Weir Daley, but where will Jason go to find new players.

We will know in a few weeks time when the retained list is released what sort of season we are likely to have. I am very concerned already

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2012, 08:35:21 PM »
I can,t answer N/F question as to why we have gone from play-offs to mid-table except to say similar movements happen to many team every season .
Maybe the best man to ask is Liam Watson manager of Southport . This time last season fans were calling for his dismissal for finishing in a relegation place , as we know due to the R&D demise they got a reprieve .
The chairman ignored fans backed his manager on a reduced budget . Watson has had the team in the play-off positions right up to the last few days.

Again another chairman knew better than some of the fans .

Must be disapointing for Dave Newton to hear a few fans impose their veiws in such a forcefull manner .

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2012, 08:14:45 AM »
I think this is a argument to nowhere....

Some chairman choose good managers, some don't as they sack their own appointees!

On the face of it, Chairmen especially many new ones probably have little or no experience in football, football management, coaching or appointing people into those positions, so their knowledge is no one better/worse than the average punter - which they were a few weeks prior to becoming chairmen!

Many chairmen have experience is making executive appointments but football wise knowledge may be limited.

In reality its all pretty irrelevant as Chairman you pay the wages you get to make the decisions, simple as ....

Fans live with those decisions, or decide otherwise.

Old yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2012, 12:04:18 PM »
Crap season,roll on next season,upwards and hopefully onwards?
NF you may be disillusioned this season,but dont give up hope.