Author Topic: FA Cup draw  (Read 35038 times)

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
Re: FA Cup draw
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2017, 10:53:36 AM »
In hindsight we should have called them in.

Come on youngchubby, you and I know any calls to the old bill results in an incident number and no show or they will turn up just as the stadium staff start to lock up ! lol  :police: :police:
it's a good job all BUFC fans are well behaved always then, isn't it? I understand why YC is upset, but if incidents like this are reported, then we all know a minority of our fans can be as bad, and some things just need leaving, unsavoury as they may be.

I’m sorry but you are wrong the police should have been called by the stewards. Turning a blind eye for whatever reason when glasses and beer is being thrown at young children is not acceptable and anyone who thinks it should be ignored by the stewards and the club are way off the mark. I had my young Grandson with me so got him out as soon as I could see it turning ugly. The other thing to say is it wasn’t the AFC Mansfield fans it was idiots who just came to cause trouble. The stewards knew before the game they would turn up because we were talking to the one at the entrance to the bar on the car park, his words “ they will turn up after the game at Mansfield finishes “ so they were well aware so should have been prepared.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

youngchubby69

« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2017, 11:29:24 AM »
Yes Tash I totally agree,  to turn a blind eye is in my opinion, is condoning there behaviour, a thorough investigation needs to take place.
I didn't witness any Boston fans throwing beer over women and children,  so in this case we were not as bad.
I have made my complaint to both clubs, just now have to wait to see if either of them do the right thing.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2017, 11:44:18 AM »
Yes Tash I totally agree,  to turn a blind eye is in my opinion, is condoning there behaviour, a thorough investigation needs to take place.
I didn't witness any Boston fans throwing beer over women and children,  so in this case we were not as bad.
I have made my complaint to both clubs, just now have to wait to see if either of them do the right thing.
Chubby, you will open a can of worms. I was extremely near a Boston fan at the Ferriby play off and watched him throw a half full GLASS pint at a Ferriby player trying to take a corner. The Ferriby player, who was about 5 feet from him, picked up the glass and showed the ref before he took the corner. On the same day I saw Boston fans outside the pub in ferriby throw beer over Tom Dentons car as he drove to the game. Just 2 examples that I'm sure you consider worth reporting? My point is these incidents are not pleasant, but they happen. Maybe you should apply to be a steward and then you will have the authority to police such matters?
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2017, 12:01:52 PM »
Heard Hyde fans were doing the same yesterday... Throwing glasses!

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2017, 12:09:35 PM »
Didn't see any Boston fans doing anything wrong yesterday - the trouble only started when the game had ended and Boston fans were walking below the raised covered terrace where the door to the bar was. About five lads, none of whom I'd spotted earlier, were chanting about Boston being a shithole and one of them - some malnourished weirdo in high-vis - then hurled his pint into the crowd and vaulted down the steps to have a go. Few more pints were thrown indiscriminately into the Boston fans - hitting kids and only narrowly missing my mate's head - as the hi-vis freak's mates tried to join in.

Weirdly, the ground was on lock down if you wanted to piss at half-time, yet all the bouncers that been around earlier were nowhere to be seen. Bit weird, but then Mansfield is a weird place...

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2017, 12:10:49 PM »
Chubby, you will open a can of worms. I was extremely near a Boston fan at the Ferriby play off and watched him throw a half full GLASS pint at a Ferriby player trying to take a corner. The Ferriby player, who was about 5 feet from him, picked up the glass and showed the ref before he took the corner. On the same day I saw Boston fans outside the pub in ferriby throw beer over Tom Dentons car as he drove to the game. Just 2 examples that I'm sure you consider worth reporting? My point is these incidents are not pleasant, but they happen. Maybe you should apply to be a steward and then you will have the authority to police such matters?

Such incidents are not acceptable though TTT, no matter which set of fans are causing them. We have to remember, if it is our fans then eventually their actions will have a detrimental effect on our club in one form or another.  There simply cannot be any defending of such thuggish behaviour.  I like to support the team and from pitch side give the away players some stick but throwing beer at someone's car or throwing of a half full pint glass at another human cannot be deemed acceptable. There are other ways as I say to give away teams fans and players some stick without resorting to such behaviour.  That's just my opinion of course, and I'm not going to get into the slating of fellow fans as we know this is just a couple of people. On the whole we have a cracking fanbase.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2017, 12:23:25 PM »
 The answer is to make football clubs sell Real Ale it's too good to through away .  The beer most clubs sell is
 like cat piss ,  my wife buys it from the supermarket to put in the garden to kill the slugs  :)

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2017, 12:26:18 PM »

Such incidents are not acceptable though TTT, no matter which set of fans are causing them. We have to remember, if it is our fans then eventually their actions will have a detrimental effect on our club in one form or another.  There simply cannot be any defending of such thuggish behaviour.  I like to support the team and from pitch side give the away players some stick but throwing beer at someone's car or throwing of a half full pint glass at another human cannot be deemed acceptable. There are other ways as I say to give away teams fans and players some stick without resorting to such behaviour.  That's just my opinion of course, and I'm not going to get into the slating of fellow fans as we know this is just a couple of people. On the whole we have a cracking fanbase.
I agree, it isn't acceptable, and we do have a great fan base. I do not condone the actions of the few. But, I would never report something that could just as easily be thrown back at the club on another occasion. I think it puts a spotlight on us for other teams to do the same back at us.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2017, 12:41:55 PM »
Reports from Mansfield say 5 police cars attended the ground after the match .

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2017, 01:22:37 PM »

If they had attended 20 mins before the end of the match there would have been no trouble Pete. The point I was making in my earlier post was the stewards knew it was going to happen but did nothing to avoid the situation. Let’s hope IF we get through the next round we don’t draw Mansfield away.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2017, 01:38:58 PM »

If they had attended 20 mins before the end of the match there would have been no trouble Pete. The point I was making in my earlier post was the stewards knew it was going to happen but did nothing to avoid the situation. Let’s hope IF we get through the next round we don’t draw Mansfield away.

Police resources are so stretched though under austerity. Doubt they'd be able to send patrol cars out willy nilly to something which only might happen, even if the stewards had called them.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2017, 04:23:55 PM »

I agree, it isn't acceptable, and we do have a great fan base. I do not condone the actions of the few. But, I would never report something that could just as easily be thrown back at the club on another occasion. I think it puts a spotlight on us for other teams to do the same back at us.
I know what you're saying although I still believe in 'got nothing to hide, got nothing to fear'. On the whole we are good home and away behaviour wise, it's only of these so called 'big' games that you get the odd casual turn up. Although I couldn't say if this person yesterday was a regular or not. But for their fans part be them AFC or Mansfield Town, that behaviour needs reporting to be fair.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2017, 04:41:12 PM »
Boston have an element - you only have to pop along to big away games like Ferriby to see that - but they're not regulars and most fall into the 'over-excited kids' category than anything else, giving it the big one at their one away game every three years because, well, who knows. In that respect, we're no different to any other club. Lobbing pints into a crowd including kids is seriously not on though - the lads in question were clearly absolutely steaming. How sad must your little tiny life be to turn up to an FA Cup 4QR tie to cause some aggro? Those guys need a hobby. Starting with showering.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2017, 06:05:00 PM »

Walking back to the station, two miles away, 4 of them passed us about half 5

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2017, 06:58:48 PM »
Fa rule FA Cup, 13.b.iv states the following

Glasses, glass bottles, or cans containing alcohol are not permitted outside of the
Clubhouse and must not be brought into grounds. No alcohol is to be consumed in
the ground or premises during the period of any match,
except as may be governed
by the terms of the club licence with regard to its own members, but, notwithstanding
such, no alcohol is to be taken or consumed outside the licensed clubhouse or any
other authorised area during such match period or brought into the ground.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR