Author Topic: Jay Rollins returns  (Read 10773 times)

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Jay Rollins returns
« on: August 26, 2017, 11:07:50 AM »
Boston United have re-signed their reigning player of the year Jay Rollins ahead of the impending Bank Holiday weekend double-header.

The 23-year-old, who netted 18 goals during his first two seasons with the Pilgrims, has put pen-to-paper on a new contract which ties him to the club until the end of the season.

Welcome back Jay.
United we stand..................

youngchubby69

Re: Jay Rollins returns
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 11:13:16 AM »
Welcome back but a surprise I must admit.

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 11:15:53 AM »
Another big wage to pay. Well done to the board for backing the manager. Needs to deliver now

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 11:20:07 AM »
Another big wage to pay. Well done to the board for backing the manager. Needs to deliver now

Early days but already there is dead wood that should be cleared out to foot the bill .

uncleremus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 11:36:45 AM »
Early days but already there is dead wood that should be cleared out to foot the bill .
[/quote]

captain???

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2017, 11:39:25 AM »
The jury's out for me. The same player looked ridiculously underwhelmed with his awards last year. He clearly thought he was better than us in not resigning. Now a month into the season, and he's still out of work, we are now good enough to sign for? If he was that good, why is he still a free agent? I will happily retract my negativity if the on field effort and attitude live up to what he's capable of, but my comments above do raise my concerns over his general demeanour. I hope I'm wrong, cause we certainly need a boost, and he certainly could provide it.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Franketh

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 11:59:13 AM »
So negative! We all liked him when he played for us last two seasons. He cannot criticise someone having ambition and trying.

We could sign Messi on a free and people would be moaning we paid too much!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2017, 12:03:41 PM »
Gives the habitual moaners on face book the opportunity to jump in without looking for logic that nullifies their comments .   I would guess that there are clubs who would be happy to take Jay on ,  but it has not occurred to them why he has not been sighed up by another club .

youngchubby69

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2017, 12:06:53 PM »
Jay has to prove what he's got now, I would expect he has come back with his cap in hand.
I don't think he will be on big money now, probably had to take what was offered,and rightly so.
He will have to win over the fans before he does the manager, because most of us are still unhappy with his departure and the lack of enthusiasm at the player awards.
He also has some real talent to compete with up front with Kaba,Waite, Hemmings,Smithy, Mason etc, let's see what he is capable of now.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2017, 12:34:21 PM »
Jay has to prove what he's got now, I would expect he has come back with his cap in hand.
I don't think he will be on big money now, probably had to take what was offered,and rightly so.
He will have to win over the fans before he does the manager, because most of us are still unhappy with his departure and the lack of enthusiasm at the player awards.
He also has some real talent to compete with up front with Kaba,Waite, Hemmings,Smithy, Mason etc, let's see what he is capable of now.

Like some other posters chubby you have jumped in with comments without taking into account that he is under a Bosman .   Maybe clubs are wary of going to a tribunal and having to pay a higher fee than they can afford .
If he reproduces the form of the last two seasons he will have no problem winning over the fans .  Then next May if he wishes he will have no problem getting fixed up with a new club as a free agent if he so desires .

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2017, 12:35:40 PM »
Real talent? Where

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2017, 01:12:16 PM »
Laugh a minute on the BUFC facebook  ,  Rollins debate ,   sadly I do not hold a degree in maths which apparently overrules the Bosman ruling when giving an opinion on football transfers . :police:

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2017, 01:48:25 PM »
Like a lot of people, Jay has probably learned just one of life's lessons, let's hope his comeback is all the better for it.  Time will tell.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2017, 01:50:59 PM »
Did he look glum at the end of last season because he was disinterested in Boston United or did he have other personal issues in his life which were more important ?

TEP

Cousin Jack

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2017, 02:26:31 PM »

Got to agree with GHM, Jay"s return warmly welcomed by this fan and, I'm sure, the majority too. Can only be good news to have last season"s top scorer and best forward back. Well done AM and DN.