Author Topic: Fancy Dress Man  (Read 3843 times)

Seenbetter

Fancy Dress Man
« on: September 22, 2009, 11:07:22 PM »
This topic is not for members to respond to, unless you want too of course, but in the hope that Fancy Dress Man looks on here to read about how the game went. What worries me is that he has probably gone home thinking he has had a good game in charge. He probably also thinks that most people at the game or on this forum are thickies who don't know anything about football and slag him off because thats what we do. Well for the benefit of this so called 'ref' that is not the case. You showed 100% incompetence tonight. A two footed lunge by Elly, elbows from Retford, pushing and fouls. You didn't have the bottle to show a red card to Retfords 6 for violent conduct, you didn't show a yellow card early enough in the game to deter this sort of play. You made it open season for thugs to hack away at footballers. One must ask the question, are you on the take, because no ref can be as bad as you by accident. There is a recording of the game that will no doubt clearly show how inept you were. a disgrace to the profession of refereeing. Either learn what a foul is and looks like or give it up. And Im sure Im not alone with these views.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Re: Fancy Dress Man
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 11:15:44 PM »
Journeymen referees are the bain of this division.  I've no problem with the young 'uns dishing the cards out trying to get things right with their interesting decisions. What I do have a problem with is letting two footed lunges go and brawls with no punishment, inept and down right dangerous.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Seenbetter

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 11:31:03 PM »
Obviously I agree and have said on here before that the refs job is also to protect players. Seriously considering, if possible, sending a copy of the recording of the game to appropriate people with complaint. May not get anywhere but don't know unless try.

Boo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 12:00:53 AM »

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 07:31:25 AM »

I didn't see all of the Manchester United vs Manchester City match at the weekend and have only seen the highlights, but I know that the main controvery was over the referee allowing six minutes of added time - at the end of which Michael Owen scored. From the highlights that I saw I wasn't aware of any long stoppages during the game - aside from the usual goals and substitutions.

Six minutes was the same time allowed last night for Boston vs Retford. And there most certainly was a long stoppage when the Retford dugout held onto the ball. Surely on the evidence of other matches there had to be more than six minutes added on? I'm not necessarily sure we would have scored in that time - it was one of those games - but I do think it highlights a serious lack of consistency in referees at all levels of the game.

Seenbetter

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 08:00:38 AM »
It was a toss of the coin which decided who was penalised last night. It was so rediculous. If you got hacked down he was more likely to award it against you because it was your fault for getting in the way.
Hope he has a look on this forum and decides to give up the Fancy Dress and take up knitting or something.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 09:55:48 AM »
Just another comedian with a whistle which we seem to get at every home game.A couple of two-footed challenges from Retford players that should have brought red cards,and i have no idea how the Retford number 6 stayed on the pitch.He must have run 20 yards to get involved in the melee by the dug-outs and threw punches which were clear from were i was in the York Street end.He was also involved in  a "verbal exchange" with a fan when he went off at h/t and again at f/t when he tried to turn round in the tunnel to come out and carry on another "exchange"

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 11:31:58 AM »
The refs performance wasnt good enough just like the teams last night!

bb1

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2009, 03:56:58 PM »
Two incidents apart from the mele' church with a head injury from an elbow should have been stopped immo till the blood had been stopped. Blew the whistle only when the game had continued for another 3 mins or so. The second when their no 10 went down stayed down and despite some fans screaming at him their physio waiting the ref let play go on for 5 more mins when he was taken straight off. By the way he wasn't dirty just skilful Tommo wasn't dirty either credit were it's due. Appalling ref worst for a long time at Boston.

Seenbetter

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2009, 02:24:31 PM »
Sent an email this morning to the FA outlining how useless the ref was on Tuesday and asked if there was a complaints procedure. They'll probably say "Yes. Stand on the touchline and shout obsenities at him."
Don't expect a result but will be interesting to see if they will respond with anything.
Interesting to look at referees association site. Did you know that if you consider being a ref you must first answer Yes to 3 questions. 1 Are you at least 14 years of age.  2 Are you reasonably fit.  3  Is your eyesight ok.  Nothing about having played the game or what shape ball is used.