Author Topic: Lift to Gainsborough  (Read 2521 times)

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Lift to Gainsborough
« on: November 09, 2013, 09:53:44 AM »
Morning all,

I was just wondering if there was a possibility that anyone was going via Lincoln or Newark and would be able to give me a lift to and from Gainsborough from there. I don't drive and I'm on teacher training placement at a school in Long Eaton which doesn't finish till 4:30pm and whilst I could get to Gainsborough and back, there are a couple of extremely tight train connections I need to make which I'm not too keen on risking.

My plan is get a taxi from school to Beeston and get the Lincoln bound train from there at 1702. Stops include Newark Castle (1752) and Lincoln (1828). There is a Gainsborough train but it leaves at 1831 so any delay and I've had it.

On the way back, the last train out of Gainsborough is 2149, so any injury time or traffic after the game and I'm not making that train, but there is a Lincoln-Nottm service which starts at 2227, gets to Newark at 2257 and into Nottingham at 2332

If anyone is prepared to help me out, I'd really appreciate it- just DM me or reply to this thread.

Cheers
Josh

Pilgrims007

Re: Lift to Gainsborough
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 11:20:33 AM »
I might be able to pick you up from lincoln, i will send you a message if this is possible.

Challis51

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 10:16:23 PM »
Sorry to steal your post but is there a bus going from Boston that anyone knows of? I would like to pop my "Gainsborough Away" cherry and don't fancy taking the car.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 10:46:04 PM »
I suppose BUSA will run 1 or 2, don't know what time it leaves York Street though

The President

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 12:13:41 AM »
BUSA are indeed running a coach with seats available leaving York St at 5pm :)