Author Topic: FACT....we just aint good enough....  (Read 31493 times)

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
Re: FACT....we just aint good enough....
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2014, 09:06:35 AM »
Also i disagree about this "Northern" ethos as it is not really that "northern" anymore with 9 of 21 teams (not including us) in the division being geographically level with us or below (teams like Lowestoft, Oxford, Brackley, Gloucester etc. are hardly the stereotypcial big northern lumps).

We need to build a team to get out of the league that faces us now, not the NPL form the 70s.

however, saying that, i think that we need to rejig the midfield to get a balance between creativity and solidity but that is applicable no matter where you play

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2014, 10:43:52 AM »
Northern, Midfield, Knob-heads... lets not hide from the fact that these are just the latest in a long line of smokescreen items hiding the fact that the good people of the patter simply love a bloody good moan.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2014, 11:20:11 AM »
Northern, Midfield, Knob-heads... lets not hide from the fact that these are just the latest in a long line of smokescreen items hiding the fact that the good people of the patter simply love a bloody good moan.

And why not have a good old moan when there's nothing much else happening to comment on!!!! :)

semion

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2014, 11:22:46 AM »
I think we can be too quick to move a Manager on.  I think Greene should be given until the end of the season to prove his worth.  It seems to be a modern day thing to ship managers in and out on the back of a couple of dodgy results.   You only have to look at Leeds.

As for those saying it wouldnt have happened with Evans in charge.  Some people have very short memories.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2014, 01:07:56 PM »
Maybe we could start a 'what I would do with BUFC if I won 100million on the Euro lottery ' thread .. 8)

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2014, 01:47:43 PM »
Maybe we could start a 'what I would do with BUFC if I won 100million on the Euro lottery ' thread .. 8)

That's too much like trying to escape this league - wishful thinking.

hozzer

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2014, 03:08:00 PM »
the most worrying thing is that we are gradually getting worse.

August average points per game = 1.83 over a season would be 77 points and the playoffs
September average points per game = 1.40 over a season would be 59 points and mid table
Octobers average points per game = 1.00 over a season would be 42 points and relegation ?

November ?, Flyde, Chorley could be less than a point per game
against league 3, an idiots guide to making the rich richer and the poor poorer.

swineshead pilgrim!

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2014, 03:09:47 PM »
Saying about shipping a manager out too quickly? I agree with that if you are getting some bad results but the team is giving hundred percent and you are in close fought games but we are not at the minute the last two home games we have probably had 2 shots altogether!

Also people saying it will be fine when newsh is back, I for one don't think it will, I'm willing to apologise and say I'm wrong but newsh and Southwell will not work together and it will be very frustrating to watch

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2014, 11:26:07 PM »
Leave Den as manager! The patter would be boring without him!!!!

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2014, 11:39:09 PM »
Not just Newsham but McGhee will be a big bonus when fully fit. We have been missing someone to take a decent free kick without him, has the work rate and posses an attacking threat unlike alot of our midfielders.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2014, 08:38:25 AM »
McGhee is our biggest miss, I think.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2014, 06:06:16 PM »
A touch ironic when people are moaning about other people moaning and more so when some are still moaning about DG moaning about them! :)

Even at our level managers have to be mindful of what they say when and to whom and even from last years shennaingans DG appears to not grasp that fact and the surest way to alienate supporters is to try and continually deflect things as he has a penchant to do.
That aside we cant , shouldn't even consider sacking him, what purpose would that solve, but equally and he won't need telling, what the team, what his team has shown thus far is way behind expectations which of course cheeses everyone off including Den and worryingly it would appear for BUFC fans generally.
Crowds have dwindled alarmingly from the 1200's, 1100's the 1000's, 900's and Saturday even the 800's which  i am afraid  reflects directly on what they see on the pitch.
The return of Newsh tho welcome won't change things as he's weeks a way from being at the top of his game. The defence is all over the place, the midfield unsettled and disjointed and in too many matches we just don't look like scoring never mind winning so it's inevitable the moaning, largely justified, will unfortunately continue.
We just have to ride the storm and hope they do but with our next three fixtures its not going to be easy. Six points, even seven though and everyone will feel a lot happier. Fingers crossed that's what happens
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 06:09:50 PM by B Grimes »

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2014, 07:22:04 PM »
A touch ironic when people are moaning about other people moaning and more so when some are still moaning about DG moaning about them! :)

Even at our level managers have to be mindful of what they say when and to whom and even from last years shennaingans DG appears to not grasp that fact and the surest way to alienate supporters is to try and continually deflect things as he has a penchant to do.
That aside we cant , shouldn't even consider sacking him, what purpose would that solve, but equally and he won't need telling, what the team, what his team has shown thus far is way behind expectations which of course cheeses everyone off including Den and worryingly it would appear for BUFC fans generally.
Crowds have dwindled alarmingly from the 1200's, 1100's the 1000's, 900's and Saturday even the 800's which  i am afraid  reflects directly on what they see on the pitch.
The return of Newsh tho welcome won't change things as he's weeks a way from being at the top of his game. The defence is all over the place, the midfield unsettled and disjointed and in too many matches we just don't look like scoring never mind winning so it's inevitable the moaning, largely justified, will unfortunately continue.
We just have to ride the storm and hope they do but with our next three fixtures its not going to be easy. Six points, even seven though and everyone will feel a lot happier. Fingers crossed that's what happens

Welcome to the happy clappers BG  :-*

kodger

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2014, 11:58:19 AM »
I think we can be too quick to move a Manager on.  I think Greene should be given until the end of the season to prove his worth.  It seems to be a modern day thing to ship managers in and out on the back of a couple of dodgy results.   You only have to look at Leeds.

As for those saying it wouldnt have happened with Evans in charge.  Some people have very short memories.
Totally agree with this post, give him this season..as for Leeds...HAWHAWHAW!!!

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2014, 12:55:02 PM »
keep this manager until the bulldozers move in then get rid I say.