Author Topic: Spalding Guardian  (Read 7120 times)

Tony Goor

• View Profile
Spalding Guardian
« on: January 04, 2013, 04:45:48 PM »
I notice the Spalding Guardian are saying the local team are close to signing a centre half and a left midfielder from a Blue Square North team . . . . I wonder?

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Spalding Guardian
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 05:19:53 PM »
Maybe Kallum smith and stainfield could be on there way???

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 06:31:23 PM »
Hope it is not Stainfield, consider him one of our more valuable assets who puts in %100 effort and very rarely has a bad game, Spalding have a good prospect there IF it is him.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 06:54:07 PM »
Not sure it will be him but will see. It's gone quite on the signings front anyone heard any news on new signings?

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 07:16:41 PM »
Thats who i thought of Sg . .hopefully on loan .

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 07:22:08 PM »
While I don't think Smith is quite good enough Nathan could consider himself very hard done to if he's on his way.

He's better than Spalding's level, in fact he would get in a lot of sides in this league.

picky

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 07:29:50 PM »
We don't know there on about Boston just says bsn team

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2013, 07:31:37 PM »
Maybe Kallum smith and stainfield could be on there way???
[
/quote] I would not blame SMITH at all or stainfield, just leaves jellyman on the left side?? HIS  JELL's         our week link i wonder,i have seen STAIFIELD dig jell's out of a few hole's,

BosLeake

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2013, 09:38:43 PM »
There was always going to be some tough decisions whoever came to manage us, but if it is the two mentioned , think Smith is a good young prospect and so is Stainfield still need to work on their games but at times the side does need more experience.

Would be sorry to see them go if true as the reason being that developing young players is the life blood to clubs such as BU.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 09:42:15 PM by BosLeake »

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2013, 09:58:41 PM »
Smith would be the obvious as he has basically been dropped out of sight. Shame if it is as he always looked half decent in the chances he was given despite his small stature.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 11:37:57 PM »
the one who seems to have gone to spalding is young Charley Sanders !!!  its on spaldings website,
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/spaldingunited/news/rayments-round-up-811437.html?source=have_you_seen_these

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2013, 07:31:18 AM »
in all my years watching football i dont think i have ever known one club to sign up so many players in one season, and for all there money and there appears gto be stacks of it how on earth are they not clear at the top of the league?
there manager must be really dogs poo musnt he, and why spalding, why cant the people putting the dosh in there decide to invest in a real club, like Boston ;D

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2013, 09:01:56 AM »
in all my years watching football i dont think i have ever known one club to sign up so many players in one season, and for all there money and there appears gto be stacks of it how on earth are they not clear at the top of the league?
there manager must be really dogs poo musnt he, and why spalding, why cant the people putting the dosh in there decide to invest in a real club, like Boston ;D

SPALDING is not a happy camp by a long way;; half the player's wonder what the other half's wage's are.
Most player's that's left is because of RAYMENT's attitude (he cant keep good player's i would say to any young player think a little harder befor a move there  :dan

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2013, 10:23:00 AM »
that would be hard for any player though young or old when people are talking about players onwages ranging from two to three hundred pounds a week and apparently on crowds of about 100, the maths on that aren't good at all are they, especially as it appears many are on contracts, i tell you the world has gone mad, it will all end in tears as we know only too well

porl99

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2013, 02:11:46 PM »
I am good mates with somebody who manages a club in the United Counties League (not Boston Town!)  Basically, Spalding, and specifically their manager are a laughing stock within the division.  He has a budget of around £1500 per week which is at least double what many of the clubs in the division have, and well over triple what some do.  According to my mate, he's signed players on two year contracts (and very good wages) without having seen them play, just on the basis of telephone conversations he has had with colleagues!