Author Topic: Vs Curzon Ashton  (Read 7042 times)

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Vs Curzon Ashton
« on: December 20, 2016, 10:31:29 PM »
At last, a team runs out in amber shirts that look like they're a unit and want to wear the shirt. One swallow doesn't make a summer, but draw away and win at home are a good foundation and good start. Well done everyone.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Vs Curzon Ashton
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 10:40:19 PM »
A joy to see a solid well organised defence .

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 10:40:28 PM »
a truly superb BUFC performance IMO....best of the season by a mile....we pressed,we ran,we were organised,we won balls in the air,we were proud to wear the shirt and Hilliard scored 2 superb goals!   Quite frankly the team was unrecognisable from any other starting X1 this season...Really promising stuff...

baldfinn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 10:40:46 PM »
Entertaining match , like bachelor and Robinson , Thomas and Gordon ok , chippy did well

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2016, 10:57:33 PM »
As I said on Saturday there were definate signs of the green shoots of a team being properly organised at last and tonight strengthened that belief. The manager has clearly been able to get the best out of a bunch of players who had lost belief under the previous manager, they clearly know that if they don't give 100% for this guy they will be on their way, don't really want pick out individuals but Hillyard had his best game ever for us not just with the two quality goals but a terrific work rate that I have been quick to condemn him for lacking, keep proving me wrong young man. At last we have a manager with new ideas and principals that we should as a group of fans get right behind for I believe if we play our part great times lay ahead.   UTP.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2016, 11:31:46 PM »
Re Hilliard ,,saw him score a similar ? goal at Tam last season .
  Seemed a man of the match , and an all round midfielder .
 Since then Patters said he was 'slow' ineffective' , but hopefully AM will get the best out of him and all the midfield  .
          All you need to think .. as the team evolves .. is 'How would this team do against Fylde ?  :snowman
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 11:37:08 PM by father Ted »

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2016, 11:51:47 PM »
Re Hilliard ,,saw him score a similar ? goal at Tam last season .
  Seemed a man of the match , and an all round midfielder .
 Since then Patters said he was 'slow' ineffective' , but hopefully AM will get the best out of him and all the midfield  .
          All you need to think .. as the team evolves .. is 'How would this team do against Fylde ?  :snowman
Fylde are a one-off currently, and have the quality and form to steamroller just about anyone at the minute. You can't really compare the two teams, but you'd like to think we are currently more able to give them a better game, albeit a positive result against them would still be unlikely. 9-2 was a bizarre one-off result, and you get these freak games now and again. I remember Oxford City giving us a 7-2 home mauling not long ago, and a bit further back we won 9-0 away. If I may, a better measure would be Harrogate or Halifax. How would today's team performance rank against these teams? My answer would be, at least we'd have a chance of a result if we play like we did today.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2016, 12:31:09 AM »
re Fylde I was thinking of Bachelor v that big bloke ..

youngchubby69

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2016, 01:01:43 AM »
A Lewis Hilliard full of confidence is a dangerous player.
Keep up the good work lads, the biggest smile I have had on my face all season.
Can't wait until Monday come on you pilgrims  :xmasdeer :santa :snowman

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2016, 08:19:46 AM »
I can't believe that those players are the same group that were so inept a few weeks ago. Last night was chalk and cheese, players putting their bodies on the line, passion, fight,belief and a willingness to work for each other. Hilliard was without doubt the MOM and Chippendale had his best game for us since his signing. It just shows that when a manager looses the dressing room it's curtains.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2016, 09:17:58 AM »
Quite right, Tash. But there was also a great deal of skill. During our period of dominance in the second half we seemed to have more than 11 men on the pitch, and I can't recall the last time we picked up every loose ball like that. It just goes to show the benefits of keeping the ball on the ground. And credit to Curzon too, as they also wanted to play football. I can't remember a better game recently.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2016, 10:30:28 AM »
I wasn't there last night but Chippendale was the best player on the pitch at Stamford in pre-season, so I've been a bit disappointed how little we've seen on him. Great to hear he had a good game.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2016, 11:11:34 AM »
Been a while since I enjoyed a home match as much as that, if you exclude Nuneaton and Ferriby for the obvious importance reasons

Luckily we equalized quickly and good to see the energy which we played at. The players were all over the pitch last night. Very positive performance

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2016, 08:04:18 PM »
I wasn't there last night but Chippendale was the best player on the pitch at Stamford in pre-season, so I've been a bit disappointed how little we've seen on him. Great to hear he had a good game.

When he's played, he's played well this season - he's a bit injury-prone it seems

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2016, 08:45:12 PM »
 Should the club be carrying useful ,but injury prone players is a poser ..as Monty Python would say :rudolph