Author Topic: Another Free Saturday  (Read 4463 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Another Free Saturday
« on: February 04, 2016, 01:35:34 PM »
Been difficult for me to get into the footy since New Year. Only managed home to Lowestoft and away to Gloucester - and I see we have another free week coming up and then nothing on 20th either. On the plus side, hopefully it can mean we get injured players back - the downside maybe that we aren't able to get into a rhythm. Hope DG doesn't have to introduce any more new faces as I really feel that some of the additions made add no value over and above what we already have / had.

Looking at the league table, by the next time we play, none of the top six will still have played as many games as what we have. Further down the table, poor BPA have six games in hand on us - win all of those and they'll be on the verge of the play-offs as opposed to four points off the relegation zone.

Right, back to work.

TEP

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Another Free Saturday
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 02:24:45 PM »
No need to be concerned about other teams,  as long as we maintain the form of our last 12 games we will hit 77 points , enough to make the play-offs .     
Great return considering the games that Southwell and Mills have missed .

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 04:25:46 PM »
GHM - I'm not concerned about other teams - my concerns are: injured players, potentially too many new faces - and most importantly, another Saturday with no footy :)

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 09:52:39 PM »
A Saturday with no football, and whats on offer instead:
a trip to Lincoln, bookkeeping, fishing, cutting logs, gardening, or a venture into Boston to be ripped off for parking and at risk of being murdered in West St... think it could be the fishing followed by the ritual donning of the stab vest  :dan

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 08:26:09 AM »
Ha nice one Ed - I know some people dis the fen towns but over this way - March, Ely, Wisbech, Downham Market and Ely etc - parking is free. Nor quite sure why Boston thinks it's so special that it has to charge the prices it does for parking. Maybe it's the Stump :)

TEP

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 10:03:36 AM »
Is this where the phrase "to stump up the cash for parking" originates from

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 12:43:21 PM »
Go to Wyberton to see the site for the new ground and then watch Wyberton FC v Skegness United which kicks off at 2pm. They are currently in 2nd place in the Lincs League at the moment and would welcome any local support. We'll all be going to Wyberton soon to see our home matches anyway!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2016, 07:43:11 AM »
Ha nice one Ed - I know some people dis the fen towns but over this way - March, Ely, Wisbech, Downham Market and Ely etc - parking is free. Nor quite sure why Boston thinks it's so special that it has to charge the prices it does for parking. Maybe it's the Stump :)

TEP

Not sure TEP, but its not helping with footfall in the town as more shops are closing down. Morrisons and Brantano are the latest to announce closure and the head man at the Council thinks that the town is thriving.
The sooner Meile's grandad starts his regeneration project the better  :police:

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2016, 08:27:44 AM »
me and granddad are goin to boston town  if u go my gran/dad weres a red cap a orange jumper an green trousers

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2016, 10:29:59 AM »
me and granddad are goin to boston town  if u go my gran/dad weres a red cap a orange jumper an green trousers

I,ll look out for his digger on the car park ,  what colour is it ?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2016, 10:44:12 AM »
Harrogate, Solihull and North Ferriby games all postponed today!

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2016, 01:15:41 PM »

I,ll look out for his digger on the car park ,  what colour is it ?
It'll be parked on top of a heap of rubble halfway down West Street - a D8 bulldozer usually yellowish in colour unless Grandads had it resprayed to match his cap  :dan

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2016, 03:08:58 PM »
Harrogate, Solihull and North Ferriby games all postponed today!

All games accept Tamworth off