Author Topic: Another day, another striker to try...  (Read 7637 times)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Another day, another striker to try...
« on: October 06, 2011, 06:31:56 PM »
Taken from the temporary official site

Boston United have signed Grimsby Town striker Sam Mulready on an initial month-long loan deal.
The 18-year-old, who has recently spent a loan spell in the Evo-Stik League with North Ferriby United, has joined the Pilgrims in pursuit of regular first team football.

Mulready was handed a professional contract by Rob Scott and Paul Hurst at the end of last season, although he is yet to figure competitively for the Mariners this campaign.

Subject to the paperwork being rubber-stamped, Mulready will be available for Saturday's trip to Altrincham.

Knowing as we do how quick S&H were to cast off the local youth from our setup.  He might be alright.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Another day, another striker to try...
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 06:39:13 PM »
Taken from the temporary official site

Boston United have signed Grimsby Town striker Sam Mulready on an initial month-long loan deal.
The 18-year-old, who has recently spent a loan spell in the Evo-Stik League with North Ferriby United, has joined the Pilgrims in pursuit of regular first team football.

Mulready was handed a professional contract by Rob Scott and Paul Hurst at the end of last season, although he is yet to figure competitively for the Mariners this campaign.

Subject to the paperwork being rubber-stamped, Mulready will be available for Saturday's trip to Altrincham.

Knowing as we do how quick S&H were to cast off the local youth from our setup.  He might be alright.

emm considering the issues between the clubs i smell summit fishy.... ;)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 07:23:24 PM »
How many more strikers will we try?Must be depressing for those at the club(stones,newsham,burrows,fairclough and lee) when the managers bring in another striker!Not being negative!!!!

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 07:27:55 PM »
It just shows how utterly clueless they are.......its like Wee Jock McFraud's revolving door policy all over again.

Good luck to the lad though, its in all our interests he does well.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 07:55:41 PM »
Atleast it keeps Henry busy!

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 09:03:10 PM »
How many more strikers will we try?Must be depressing for those at the club(stones,newsham,burrows,fairclough and lee) when the managers bring in another striker!Not being negative!!!!

Stones is injured (and not much use apparently)
Newsham hasn't hit form yet
Burrows  is on loan
Fairclough is lightweight
Lee doesn't want to play.
What a rubbish job a football manager is when things aren't going right!

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 09:43:49 PM »
Not sure why the managers are being critisized for trying to bring new strikers in. It's obvious this is the area that needs work/strengthening, if they did nothing people would be crying out for new signings, if they do it's a revolving door.

On a related note has anyone seen the youth team play? I've noticed on match reports James Tricks and Charley Sanders seem to score most games, is it too soon to throw one/both of these into the first team? Thoughts anyone?

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 09:57:50 PM »
Not sure why the managers are being critisized for trying to bring new strikers in. It's obvious this is the area that needs work/strengthening, if they did nothing people would be crying out for new signings, if they do it's a revolving door.

On a related note has anyone seen the youth team play? I've noticed on match reports James Tricks and Charley Sanders seem to score most games, is it too soon to throw one/both of these into the first team? Thoughts anyone?

Must admit I thought the same about Tricks
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 11:04:11 PM »

Thanks for the balanced view WP. This club needs an opportunity to survive at a level appropriate to it's current stature.

We have no oligarch. We have a decent local business man that took a punt after attending what could have been the winding up of this club a couple of years ago. I was there that day and listened to the plea of Barrie Pierpoint. David Newton got the passion that day of the loyal fans and did a great thing. He saved this club and now here we are having miserable crap written day in day out by a load of moaners who's only success in life is to convince themselves and their miserable friends they are right and should be able to whinge constantly because "it's my right". A total reflection of themselves and how they feel about themselves. Frankly, oxygen could be put to better use.
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

LPRA

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 08:02:50 AM »

Spot on. Yes, it looks like a bit of a scattergun approach but at least they're doing something.

Bartmac

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2011, 10:39:59 AM »
I'm not so sure it's another striker that's needed, what we really need is an holding midfielder who can make the telling pass to the forwards alah Alonso and Fabregas, I don't think either of our two central midfielders do that, OK Sleathy runs his guts out every match,but very rarely gets in a telling pass, and Milnes is a good "dead ball" passer but neither seem able to pick up on the runs our forwards make.  Just my thoughts.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2011, 10:49:33 AM »

Most of the critisizing is coming from the people who do the most moaning about the managers not being able to find players. Seems to me a few on here have it in for the managers. They have the same record tha scott and hurst did and still getting moaned at. Just think they will moan whatever the managers do

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2011, 01:53:10 PM »
Is this the first of a few loan players from Grimsby during the season, maybe at no cost to us, in lieu of settlement of a certain compensation claim?

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2011, 02:21:29 PM »
Great signing, inspirational management, been supporting for 50 years so I know as I am a true supporter.

Rain or shine me.

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2011, 02:28:00 PM »
Good luck to the lad. He played against us in the FA Cup for Ferriby and I must admit he didn't do a lot in that game. But there again nobody did, it was a dreadful game between two poor sides!

If you could take any Ferriby striker it would be Gary Bradshaw, recently he scored his 200th goal for Ferriby (in 331 matches). I would love him to come to the Tigers!!