Author Topic: Its a fecked up world isn't it.......  (Read 5745 times)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Its a fecked up world isn't it.......
« on: February 28, 2013, 03:02:28 PM »
when you see the vitriol aimed at Graham Drury on here since he came, yet Evans who did so much damage to the club hardly had a word said against him until it was crystal clear what his true intentions were .........?

Get real, we've changed manager as a good number of us demanded and the change hasn't worked as well as we'd have liked. Is it really worth of all this personal stuff though? How is it right that GD is pulled apart from day one yet Evans was given a relatively smooth ride from the support?

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
Re: Its a fecked up world isn't it.......
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 03:12:38 PM »
I actually think some of it might be because of the previous experience.  Think about it, we are all now hugely more aware of the damage that can be done in the short and long term by a wrong choice of manager.

While there are a number of completely incomparable factors in the two joining (owners/board personnel first and foremost) there are a few that are enough of a reminder of 'him' to get supporters on the defensive.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 03:13:17 PM »
Evans true intentions was to get Boston as high as possible, Just he stopped at nowt to do this and didn't care what rules/laws and feet he broke to do so.
And at the time there was a good band of people posting and voicing there disaproval from the start.

We are Boston United and do and will always have a very mixed band of fans and i still think that even if we had a good manager in place that gave us the fans what we want there would still be a large amount of moaners. There always there they just show more when they have something to moan about and to be honest the club is giving them plenty of food at the moment

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 06:14:08 PM »
I actually think some of it might be because of the previous experience.  Think about it, we are all now hugely more aware of the damage that can be done in the short and long term by a wrong choice of manager.

While there are a number of completely incomparable factors in the two joining (owners/board personnel first and foremost) there are a few that are enough of a reminder of 'him' to get supporters on the defensive.

That's absolutely my point MNH, nail on the head. We are back to some of that old game playing which is a dangerous route. Bit naive I think, and should it be true that GD and other idiots he may have doing this, it's a real piss take and a poor reflection on the club. Ken, are you able to tell us, as a comparison the number of newbies in the time GD took over compared to JL over a similar period? I'm happy to be proved wrong and will take it on the chin!  8)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 06:48:36 PM »

That's absolutely my point MNH, nail on the head. We are back to some of that old game playing which is a dangerous route. Bit naive I think, and should it be true that GD and other idiots he may have doing this, it's a real piss take and a poor reflection on the club. Ken, are you able to tell us, as a comparison the number of newbies in the time GD took over compared to JL over a similar period? I'm happy to be proved wrong and will take it on the chin!  8)

As always yet another telling and constructive post ,  but I have to clarify the following .

"its a real piss take and a poor reflection on the club "
As you will have noted from my response to these newbies on various threads it is clear that I am not a victim to their piss take , sadly I think some on patter have yet to see it as a piss take .

Hope people do not see it as a reflection of the club,  rather a sad effort from these few people who seem to have devious motives .

piss take

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 07:54:22 PM »
when you see the vitriol aimed at Graham Drury on here since he came, yet Evans who did so much damage to the club hardly had a word said against him until it was crystal clear what his true intentions were .........?

Get real, we've changed manager as a good number of us demanded and the change hasn't worked as well as we'd have liked. Is it really worth of all this personal stuff though? How is it right that GD is pulled apart from day one yet Evans was given a relatively smooth ride from the support?

Once bitten, Twice shy.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 08:00:11 PM »
the Evans V Drury Comparison
they are both short.....................yes
they both managed Stamford......yes
they both spout off a bit..............yes
er?
er?
er?
No, I think thats it

milo1972

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 09:13:11 PM »
To cut a long story short.....

SUPPORT THE CLUB AND THE MANAGER....  I CERTAINLY WILL... END OF !!!

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 10:20:15 PM »
Me too.  ;)  However, not on the basis of shite from a band of GD brothers purporting a long and knowledgeable following of the club that  I've supported good and bad for decades, come tick and thin. These newbies ought to give a little respect, not chase the divide and conquer mentality we've seen in the past.  8)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

argieh

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 10:54:39 PM »
Me too.  ;)  However, not on the basis of shite from a band of GD brothers purporting a long and knowledgeable following of the club that  I've supported good and bad for decades, come tick and thin. These newbies ought to give a little respect, not chase the divide and conquer mentality we've seen in the past.  8)
Dividing and conquering? If you really do believe that drivel, Mlf, then I really do despair. I respect that you've been a supporter of BUFC through thick and thin, good times and bad, but  your accusations of subtefuge are well wide of the mark!  ???

AGL

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2013, 09:09:36 AM »

As always yet another telling and constructive post ,  but I have to clarify the following .

"its a real piss take and a poor reflection on the club "
As you will have noted from my response to these newbies on various threads it is clear that I am not a victim to their piss take , sadly I think some on patter have yet to see it as a piss take .

Hope people do not see it as a reflection of the club,  rather a sad effort from these few people who seem to have devious motives .

piss take

Ahem.

I used to post on here quite regularly when Rooster Isaac was making every other post.

travelling man

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2013, 11:09:04 AM »
Andy, I am sure you can see this guy is sinking without trace, he has zero motivational skills and seems unable to get a "performance" out of the team on a regular basis. How long do we wait before realising we are going nowhere under his guidance?

As I have said before we have not seen any uplift in the performances of players/team since he arrived, something that generally happens in teams with a new guy in charge.

Secondly he really did not endear himself to me in his first few days by slagging off players individually he had just met.

I am not convinced by any of his actions, but I will still continue to support the team as they will be there a long time after he is sussed out and moves on.

Finally this is not a derogatory comment on the stewardship of our club under David and Neil, who we should never forget saved us from oblivion.

Chris

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2013, 12:36:40 PM »
Dividing and conquering? If you really do believe that drivel, Mlf, then I really do despair. I respect that you've been a supporter of BUFC through thick and thin, good times and bad, but  your accusations of subtefuge are well wide of the mark!  ???

Who,s opinion should we respect ,  the likes of MLF a seasoned and prolific poster and supporter of the club for many years , or that of argieh who claims to be a long time supporter and yet signed up to Patter only  6 (SIX) weeks ago .??????????
 I,m getting the picture , hope other people are !!!

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2013, 03:53:32 PM »
Andy, I am sure you can see this guy is sinking without trace, he has zero motivational skills and seems unable to get a "performance" out of the team on a regular basis. How long do we wait before realising we are going nowhere under his guidance?

As I have said before we have not seen any uplift in the performances of players/team since he arrived, something that generally happens in teams with a new guy in charge.

Secondly he really did not endear himself to me in his first few days by slagging off players individually he had just met.

I am not convinced by any of his actions, but I will still continue to support the team as they will be there a long time after he is sussed out and moves on.

Finally this is not a derogatory comment on the stewardship of our club under David and Neil, who we should never forget saved us from oblivion.

Chris
cant argue with that Chris! Never forgot his cocky smile while he walked off the pitch the other seadon

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2013, 03:54:13 PM »
Season!