Author Topic: v Spalding  (Read 9449 times)

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: v Spalding
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2016, 02:02:33 PM »
i thought we looked very good at the back

... which is more than you can say for Dennis Greene's hair.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2016, 04:41:02 PM »
think some people need to get a grip its far to early to get worried and im sure Dennis himself as seen those above and possible a few other things not right
we played well against a good Peterborough side a week ago, and if you had seen that match, in comparison you may have had a much different view of yesterday's performance. Your first match optimism is commendable, but the same instinct I had a week ago was crushed yesterday. We were, I repeat, utter rubbish.

Well if thats the worse we had then im happy but still expecting nothink good of this side for a little while yet. Oh one thing i will say didnt work at all was the system yesterday
agreed, it didn't work. Last week in the second half we played 4 4 1 1 with Malachi behind lamin up top, and the two gelled well. By the final whistle yesterday we had 2 forwards 4 wingers 3 centre halves and 1 midfielder. I know we had to throw the kitchen sink, but despite all the forwards we still passed it across the back 3!!!! Tactics won by the tulips hands down. Drawing board for Dennis, I think.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2016, 09:29:45 PM »
Having watched three games Boro, City and Spalding I am feeling frustrated as I came home from the Boro game happy thinking we have a good side in the making.
We were totally out played by Lincoln who gave us no time or space on the pitch.
So was looking forward to yesterday as felt the lads would get the time to move the ball and control the game.
I like the way Hilliard is being made to be our playmaker but everything was done by our side in such a slow way allowing Spalding to get set behind the ball. Also our no10 held onto the ball having too many touches each time he had it.
Dennis if you read this for me I feel Pepe is our best midfielder even though he has been forced to play center half due to Brown being sidelined.
So with Brown back id like to see..
A three in the center of the park of Roberts, Pepe and Hilliard a fit St Juste and Rollins out high and wide.
And for now Colley up front.

Overall the side looks to have a lot more movement about them than in previous seasons and I'm sure Dennis will be pleased with the potential in the side to play on the deck but as others have said goals maybe a problem no Pidge to be a threat from corners and set plays along with losing all of Southwells goals.

To soon to panic but points to be addressed.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2016, 09:37:20 PM »

Yer what the heck is that all about

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2016, 09:48:05 PM »

mid life crisis? Next thing you know, he'll be dating a younger blonde!
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2016, 01:14:39 AM »
Bunny was constantly shouting move the ball quicker...One problem was that when we started to get some good possession and passing going Spalding player would go down and ask for treatment which stopped the momentum and we had to start again,bloody ref cocked up big time when he would not restart without the sub coming on,player had to strip training gear off,put on shirt and shin pads then have a tactics discussion,all that and the keeper wasting time and he allowed 4 minutes... Goal saving block at the end though,the ball was goal bound until defender appeared..

At one point Jay was cutting in from the left and we had 3 players stood in the D at the edge of the box and they had 3 defenders each around the,Jay had no space to do anything,all it wanted was for two of them too peel off and drag the defence with them but they just bloody stood there watching Jay.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2016, 07:58:55 AM »
Time wasting and crap refs are just two of the things we will experience in the season ahead so we had better get used to it.

TEP

Boo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2016, 10:38:52 AM »

mid life crisis? Next thing you know, he'll be dating a younger blonde!