Author Topic: v Spalding  (Read 9449 times)

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
v Spalding
« on: July 16, 2016, 05:40:46 PM »
Ooops,  why can't we beat these lower league teams????

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: v Spalding
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 06:16:23 PM »
Well at least we know there are two or three that are not up to it. St Juste was pathetic and did not look interested. Burgess came on for the second half to prove yet again he is not good enough, and an overweight forward who's name escapes me does not look to have a goal in him after stating in the press he will score loads. Very disappointing and plenty to sort out yet. In fairness I do believe there are some good lads who give everything.

C.B.

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 06:47:09 PM »
Marshall looks good... is he signed up?

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 06:47:57 PM »
spaldings no.3blocked a certain goal,then the ref called full time maybe the outcum may of been different or am just trying to chear myself up

womble

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 07:29:02 PM »
My summation of that glorified pre season game? The players need more time to regain match fitness and sharpness.

Hilliard and Marshall in central midfield did not work. At all. Both slowed the game down and didn't inject any pace into attacks and didn't look to have the tactical nous to play all phases in the that position. I was disappointed but not entirely suprised by the lack of effectiveness in front of goal considering we are only a couple weeks into pre season with more weeks before the season kicks off, but with time they will find the back of the net and there could be some real quality in our front line, there have been flashes of brilliance and then periods of ineptitude.

A key gripe i had from today, with time ticking away, why persist with something that isn't working? We had Green and Adams as trialists on the bench who are fighting to get into the team, they could have offered a spark to create a chance. I'm not fussed we've lost but more disappointed with some performances, but there is time to iron mistakes out (for example the multitude of mistakes that led to their goal) and get the team gelling together, which seems to be our main weakness at the minute.

Oh well, will be there Tuesday to see how we fare and see if there is any tangible improvement in our play, which there probably will be. Up the Pilgrims!

Captain Clean

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2016, 07:43:00 PM »
My front lawn is looking beautiful now after today's cut. Stopped half way through when Skinners came down the street.

Shame we lost today. Does that mean we enter the Europa league now. Away day to Gibraltar perhaps. Bang on !

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2016, 08:18:13 PM »
Utter rubbish
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2016, 09:07:08 PM »
On another day, Colley puts one in and we win 1-0. It's the middle of July... we'll be ready for Stalybridge.

Spalding had a tactic of spoiling the game, and the weak officials waited until the last minute before bringing out a yellow card.

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2016, 10:09:57 PM »
Yep, they got their tactics spot on. Play for a draw, waste as much time as possible and maybe nick one at the end. And it worked!

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2016, 10:58:23 PM »
Can't think of any positives from today apart from the weather and the admission price. Saw lots of mediocrity and feel we have a lot to do in the next 21 days. At least Spalding seemed to have a game plan. I couldn't figure out what ours was.

TEP

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2016, 09:18:15 AM »
foxy freck,s had a plan   for sure .but the master stroke was wen that lad got a yellow. it gave him and his team a brake we were on top but the croud unsportingly cheered and clapped that fired spalding into another grear and we all no wot happened after that. that's the making of a good team and that's wot my granddad say,s.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2016, 09:36:23 AM »
foxy freck,s had a plan   for sure .but the master stroke was wen that lad got a yellow. it gave him and his team a brake we were on top but the croud unsportingly cheered and clapped that fired spalding into another grear and we all no wot happened after that. that's the making of a good team and that's wot my granddad say,s.

How is the journalism course going, Miele?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 09:37:55 AM by York Street Pilgrim »

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2016, 09:51:03 AM »
For my opion as i attended my first game yesterday and for what its worth i cant say i felt the doom as much as others seem to have. I can see the team and see theres a lot to come from it, the players we have look to be talanted and work well, i thought we looked very good at the back with the back line remaining calm all the time always looking to find a player instead of aimless smashes away, Think the team as the potential to become one of our best passing and footballing teams we have had for many years and personally didnt think we did to bad in the middle with the team always looking to get the 2nd ball or get the ball back.

Now the downs to it in which most i dont think are to hard to sort out apart from a major one. Thought one or two players need to be told to keep it simple as they was trying to do far to much themselves and found themselves tied up in all sorts of knots. Our biggest issue the past few years has been our back line and middle but we been spoilt up front, This year to me at the moment its very much the other way, back line and middle is nearly there but after yesterday i was left thinking we are in for a long season and its going to be down to goals or lack of them, I like the look of Colly but to me he is a replacment for mark jones, And the cart horse.........Whats that all about im more in shape.

There goal was from a few errors in the box and there always going to happen. why the result dont look good think some people need to get a grip its far to early to get worried and im sure Dennis himself as seen those above and possible a few other things not right

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2016, 10:35:52 AM »
think some people need to get a grip its far to early to get worried and im sure Dennis himself as seen those above and possible a few other things not right
we played well against a good Peterborough side a week ago, and if you had seen that match, in comparison you may have had a much different view of yesterday's performance. Your first match optimism is commendable, but the same instinct I had a week ago was crushed yesterday. We were, I repeat, utter rubbish.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2016, 12:13:35 PM »
think some people need to get a grip its far to early to get worried and im sure Dennis himself as seen those above and possible a few other things not right
we played well against a good Peterborough side a week ago, and if you had seen that match, in comparison you may have had a much different view of yesterday's performance. Your first match optimism is commendable, but the same instinct I had a week ago was crushed yesterday. We were, I repeat, utter rubbish.

Well if thats the worse we had then im happy but still expecting nothink good of this side for a little while yet. Oh one thing i will say didnt work at all was the system yesterday