Author Topic: Sands  (Read 9496 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Sands
« on: March 15, 2016, 02:11:02 PM »
Gone to King's Lynn on loan. Good move in my opinion.

TEP

joebloom9

• View Profile
Re: Sands
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 04:02:40 PM »
Has he? Where did you see that?
Win, Lose or Draw always United.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 04:54:20 PM »
Inside info Joe - think it's for the best. We need goal getters. I don't buy all this 'he tries hard and runs a lot'. We need end product and added value at the business end of the season.

TEP

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 06:04:28 PM »
sent to the outback, never to be seen,again

joebloom9

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 06:45:54 PM »
Cheers TEP. I sort of agree, however can't ever knock a player who tries he's hardest IMO. But yeah you do need goal-scorers.
Win, Lose or Draw always United.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 07:25:45 PM »
Strange one this. Hope there's a decent replacement lined up. With a good chance of a playoff spot still the squad is now looking a bit short with Ngamvoulou left too after loan ended (Dixon to return?), an injury or 2 and we'll be struggling. Dayle has been struggling with injuries so may not be able to play every game for the rest of the season. Johnson suspended after red card then that just leaves Jones as our only experienced striker.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 07:32:53 PM »
These players wouldn't be released unless we have some irons in the fire. No doubt we shall have news before the weekend. Regarding Sands, he always put in a good shift, work rate was excellent but what we need is goals so in a way its possibly the right move at this time of the season so long as we are bringing in another striker who can get goals.
No panic yet from me,  i still believe we can make it and this is a good move from the manager to see that changes are needed right now.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2016, 10:51:21 PM »

TEP

Yet he has a better goals per game than Jonah....???????
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2016, 10:58:10 PM »

No panic yet from me,  i still believe we can make it and this is a good move from the manager to see that changes are needed right now.

Dec +Jan was 6 wins in 8, with a much settled team. Changes that you rightly say are needed are only needed due to recent poor results, and hence the poor league position, but for me the manager has done too much chopping and changing over the last few weeks, which has been a major factor in this downturn.

John Bunyan, 1684

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2016, 12:36:25 PM »

TEP

Overall or just this season? I'd rather have Jonah in my team.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2016, 09:22:00 PM »

TEP

As the discussion was this season, so was my analogy. Sure, in the past Jonah has a much better ratio, but his strike rate has dropped alarmingly this season. Based on goals per game this season, Pidge should be up top with Dayle! This surely shows the struggle for the second forward. IMO Sands gave more all round benefits than Jonah. Clearly DG sees it differently. For me the re-signing of Conor Robinson on the same day Harrogate bag Liam Hearn shows the gulf between the two sides in both ambition and funds. One team aiming to charge for the top, and another clinging desperately to the hope of 5th.

John Bunyan, 1684

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2016, 09:50:50 PM »

TEP

As the discussion was this season, so was my analogy. Sure, in the past Jonah has a much better ratio, but his strike rate has dropped alarmingly this season. Based on goals per game this season, Pidge should be up top with Dayle! This surely shows the struggle for the second forward. IMO Sands gave more all round benefits than Jonah. Clearly DG sees it differently. For me the re-signing of Conor Robinson on the same day Harrogate bag Liam Hearn shows the gulf between the two sides in both ambition and funds. One team aiming to charge for the top, and another clinging desperately to the hope of 5th.

Clearly Den see's it different ? Or Den, and the majority of fans see it different more likely ! Jonah is a far better all round player than Sands, but i can't knock either's work rate.  As for Hearn, and the alleged lack of ambition by the club of which you are obviously insinuating,  may i suggest you have a word with the board and become an investor.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2016, 10:57:18 PM »

TEP

Clearly Den see's it different ? Or Den, and the majority of fans see it different more likely ! Jonah is a far better all round player than Sands, but i can't knock either's work rate.  As for Hearn, and the alleged lack of ambition by the club of which you are obviously insinuating,  may i suggest you have a word with the board and become an investor.

No thanks. I'm not the corporate type, I'll leave that to those who are gifted in that dept. In terms of investing, I've been to approx 800 home games since the 72/3 season, been to the glory days at Wembley, Hayes, and driven to god knows how many away matches from  Canal Street Runcorn to Rockingham Road Kettering. I've seen us beat Durham 10-0 and lose 6-0 at home to Runcorn on a cold January night. I've seen Jim Kabia score his 100th goal, and cringed as Jim Dick wore the captain's armband. That's an investment.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 10:59:35 PM by The Evil Twin »

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2016, 08:13:50 AM »

TEP

No thanks. I'm not the corporate type, I'll leave that to those who are gifted in that dept. In terms of investing, I've been to approx 800 home games since the 72/3 season, been to the glory days at Wembley, Hayes, and driven to god knows how many away matches from  Canal Street Runcorn to Rockingham Road Kettering. I've seen us beat Durham 10-0 and lose 6-0 at home to Runcorn on a cold January night. I've seen Jim Kabia score his 100th goal, and cringed as Jim Dick wore the captain's armband. That's an investment.

I,ve supported Boston since since 1945/46 season ,  and been to nearing 2000 games at YS , I recall the glory days of White Hart Lane , Baseball Ground (first time round ) .   Now I am sure the club are grateful of our support over the years but to put it in prospective if you and I had not attended these matches the club would still be in exactly the same place as it is today.   

It is due to Chestnut Homes investment that the  club did not fold , they were the only one,s with enough ambition to back the club .

Harrogate "charging up the league "  :dan Many Yorkshire people laughing at that statement!
Simon Weavers dad has been pumping money into the club for 5 years to achieve this "charge"  . Suggest their budget is far larger than Bostons

Liam Hearn !!!!!!!!    No football managers in Lincolnshire (and many outside) would touch him with a bargepole.  Most fans feel the same way .

Does Greene,s judgement on strikers stand up .
Ask those Con Prem managers eyeing up Ricky Miller and Dayle Southwell .

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2016, 08:17:57 AM »
well said