Author Topic: Eastwood Town - Boxing Day  (Read 10082 times)

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Eastwood Town - Boxing Day
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2011, 01:17:24 PM »
Back to the Kirk point I stand by it. Don't judge against Eastwood judge against Guiseley and in that game he was terrible.  Why play him over Semple I've no idea.

I was there at both games and at guiseley Ross and Kirk worked great together , very tricky, held the ball up well and is very quick. Having a striker in form would have been a different story. Like most wingers most are hit and miss but kirks been great for the past 2 games

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2011, 01:42:57 PM »
I agree Shorty. I think Kirk has been our most dangerous player in the last two games. Semple is a bit predictable for my liking at the moment - probably lacking a little in confidence. What I like about Kirk is that he realises you dont have to get to the by-line before you put the cross in. Against Guiseley, he only gave the ball away twice in the whole game, whereas Semple gave the ball away twice within 5 minutes of coming on.

DL

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2011, 02:53:19 PM »
So from Boxing day we learnt that Kirk is a marmite player that some people think did well and others thought was poor.  Some thought the game was a marmite game either full of entertainment but/or lacking in quality.

Personally I thought Kirk had a good game, and the game itself was great to watch as you couldn't take your eyes off it.  Yet to be sold on Constantine as he may just be a name rather than the jigsaw piece we are missing.  The three in the middle that looked to be our problem so far this season looked great and ran rings round Eastwood on Boxing day.  I think we might just have to live with the fact that sometimes Ross, Milne and Sleath will get out powered and other weeks they'll boss the game with skill and movement.

Proof that there still is ability in the squad and that the club is moving forward (all be it at less than the jugernaut rate that some hope for.)  Playoffs still being the aim, but ultimately I'm not 100% we're ready to re enter the professional arena just yet and would rather we have a good run at the top of the BSN than collapse and burn in the BSP.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2011, 03:57:59 PM »
On my way back down to Cardiff, I thought that I would give my twopennysworth.

Bazza - seemed like I had stepped into the Tardis as he was exactly the same as the guy I watched 15 years ago. That is high praise enough.

Defence - Fairclough was ok and will lead the positioning side of the game. Ward looked raw but will come on. Canners is not a centreback but put in a decent shift and the same is even more true of Austin. Get jelley fit ASAP.

Sleath played well as did Ross but I was greatly impressed with Milnes. The boy ran the show but worried he maybe a little light against better and/or more physical teams.

Kirk was ok. Good at some points, infuriating at others. Same with Newsham who took his goal very well but missed a couple of good chances especially the header. Lee was typical Jason Lee.

The game was won and fractured with the subs coming on so unfair to judge in those circumstances.

Eastwood were dreadful though.

Still think we need to replace White with another experienced dog at centre half and maybe a bit of muscle in the middle of the park for some tough away games on boggy pitches where our more skillful players may struggle. Main thing is to pick up points now as I really don't like the look of March and April