Author Topic: today......  (Read 2207 times)

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: today......
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2024, 01:00:56 PM »
I agree Andy. Survival will suit me, and I'd be quite happy to have a season without promotion/relegation hopes/fears after the past two years. Relatively dull will do for me for once.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2024, 01:04:28 PM »
I agree Andy. Survival will suit me, and I'd be quite happy to have a season without promotion/relegation hopes/fears after the past two years. Relatively dull will do for me for once.

Not sure you'll get that, but I'll take it!

Interesting summer ahead

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2024, 01:09:28 PM »
A huge step up, Kidderminister back down after winning the playoffs last season if we don't strengthen we'll struggle to stay up too. Got to keep our best players and add quality to them. Also happened to Kings Lynn coming straight back down when Culverhouse took them up, hopefully he gained from that experience of National League and will do better with us next season. It's tough for teams promoted out of this league to stay up and it's generally the bigger / richer clubs that get promoted out of this league that stay up. We've also seen the likes of Chorley, Telford, Alfreton, Guisley, Chester in recen years go up, not had the resources to spend big and come straight down again. It's going to be tough next season but I feel we're in a better position now than our previous failed playoff  seasons.