Author Topic: York  (Read 2371 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
York
« on: March 09, 2023, 08:23:39 AM »
I have taken Mrs Dip away to York for a couple of days. We are staying in a little B&B down Bootham Crescent. The old ground is now a building site. The owner of the B&B is a York city season ticket holder. We have had a long conversation about both our teams. Talking about the play off final, he thought their first goal was lucky because it came from a throw in which should have been ours. I said it should have been a foul against them 😄😄.Hes also very surprised at the predicament we find ourselves in.  I am wearing my Boston hat with pride, but getting a few funny looks  :laugh:
Do not trust atoms, they make up everything.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: York
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2023, 08:51:36 AM »
No complaints from me about the play-off final to be honest. We simply didn't show up, and after the heroics against Kiddy and Fylde I think we all knew it was maybe one game too far for the group. They looked knackered.

I know our new ground has its detractors, but York's stadium really is depressing....

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2023, 09:19:52 AM »
We were having a bit of banter. He mentioned the first goal. I think that set the tone for the match. I agree with you concerning their ground. I think the shopping complex was planned and the stadium was an afterthought. Maybe our ground will grow on me when the south stand is completed.
Do not trust atoms, they make up everything.

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2023, 11:48:33 AM »
They had properly done their homework on us for that game imo…

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2023, 08:57:47 AM »
The terrace behind the goal was made bigger to "replicate" the Town End! Otherwise that would have been the same height too. Thing is, we have a stadium that's far more appropriate to the size of the club now. York Street was far too big for us. That's the thing that really upsets people, a sort of loss of "status" from being in a massive stadium that was only ever full about twice in its history.