Author Topic: todays game  (Read 8936 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: todays game
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2011, 09:14:49 PM »
Here's what Jason had to say

http://audioboo.fm/boos/319780-boston-united-jason-lee-postmatch

Interesting what he said about reserves - he and others playing on Tuesday, seems the reserves are going to be a much bigger part of club while he's here.
It makes sense, with the reserves almost having secured the league, and we're at a crucial stage where we cannot be playing players in the first team to get them match fit.

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2011, 09:24:32 PM »
Pleased about Jason Lee on the touch line but I would have liked him to be more vocal, reminded me of Tommo.

It made a pleasant change having someone on the touchline who kept his cool (only heard him swear once!).  He was forever encouraging the players but also giving instructions to players when required.     I thought Yates had a good game, no doubt being able to play without the constant "Yatesy" that Rob Scott threw at him.

Should have won the match well by half time - but if we continue to play like that the goals will follow.

faraway pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2011, 09:31:01 PM »
Ithink if this is the case, then move the ressies to a weds nite then it will not disrupt the first team training. If you have say 6 or so first team squad keeping fit in the ressies they still need to be at first team training to listen and understand tactics etc, also gives managers etc a chance to watch  on a weds whilst being at first team training on tuesday.

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2011, 09:36:40 PM »
For my two pence worth: Decent game, ref was strong if a little whistle happy and picky over throw-in / freekick positioning.

Boyes was a passenger for most of the first half (may have been carrying an injury).

I thought church had one of his quieter games and didn't really 'stamp' his authority on the midfield as normal. The two wingers had the beating of the wingbacks. As I saw Clarke warming up I was sure it was surprised to see sleath going off. For me he had been MOM up to that point driving us forward at every opportunity.

Good header for the winner by Pearson as usual!

The new management pairing seem to be settling into the groove and I'm sure they'll learn at lot about the job in the remaining games. Onwards and upwards!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 09:40:23 PM by truffleshuffle »

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2011, 10:52:34 PM »
I was surprised Pearson didn't get the MOTM award today. Fair enough, SWD worked hard and chased after everything but Pearson was his usual commanding self at the back as well as scoring the match winning goal.

Sometimes the match sponsors MOTM awards are a bit baffling.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2011, 11:07:51 PM »
They can be but to be fair there  was 3 or 4 players that was close running for motm

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2011, 11:42:26 PM »
Between SWD and Pearson for me, with Pearson just edging it.
Hope SWD enjoys the champers anyway...it could have been one of my bottles today  ;D

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2011, 12:17:54 AM »
It was good to hear the old tunes being played before the players ran out for kick off   8)

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: toady's game
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2011, 08:18:07 AM »
I think all the lads had a good game today, we seem to lack a goal scorer at the moment though. Some might say Wooster never looked like scoring, i do believe when you're only 1-0 up you're on dangerous ground, one dodgy decision by ref, linesman and you could be 1-1. Whoever gets the job at the end of the season will have a lot of thinking to do and probably some re-jigging of playing staff.

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2011, 05:28:34 PM »
SWD was my MOM, deserved a goal to be honest.  We did seem to be a little longer in our play but you never know if that was just a one off or the start of a new pattern of play.

How good was it to see Bazza back though, superb player and man.

Pearson should be exempt from MOM just to make it fair.  Fast becoming a VERY valuable asset.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2011, 02:32:15 PM »
 We had  the pleasure of watching  the game Sat . .
  Couldn't stop watching Pearson .. felt he was by far the best player on the park and had the inevitable feeling it would be him who scored the important goal . .
    Felt our missed chances were somewhat skyed over the bar .
  Talked to the Legend in that is Mike Alexander at half time when he wondered into the Fantasy Stand  after his ' lap ' .
  He agreed  with me and said they should stay more erect and pause a little before shooting ..maybe modern players are too agile !
   Think 130 goals in about 135 matches cant be far wrong . .
      M A said he played with Cloughie for a month ..don't know where ..and he learnt a few tricks off him .

« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 03:23:33 PM by father Ted »

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2011, 01:51:21 PM »
Agree with a lot of what's been said here.  I thought Jason Lee looked very relaxed on the touchline and that gives a different message to the players than constant ranting.  I think we saw some of our players express themselves a bit more freely.  We'll see what he is like when things aren't going our way!

I thought we played more football rather than long ball, especially in the first half.  We involved the wingers more than in recent weeks.  Long ball was mainly from quick kicks by Bazza - I like to see that as we've got the pace to trouble teams on the break, and defenders aren't always awake when an attack has broken down at the other end. 

Overall, there seemed to be less emphasis on keeping it tight and maintaining 'shape' at all costs - players were free to get involved in an attack rather than having to hold their position, and it gave us some new options (even Kevin Austin on the wing at one stage!)

SWD was my MOM, as their defenders just couldn't handle him, when he had possession or when they did.  Pearson and Canners were right up there as well, but a good all round performance - could honestly say that everyone had a good game, apart from Boyes.  You often see a young player who hasn't played many games get into the team and play well, then fade after a few games because of fatigue - might be that stage for Boyes and maybe time to rest him before the play offs?  I think he will become a good player if we can keep him. 

I didn't think Canners had been up to his usual standards recently, probably because of his injury, but he was superb on Saturday.  It always helps the full backs if they don't have to do much defending, and it was nice to see Canners getting forward more.  He was most definitely leading by example.

Telford will be a completely different test and it'll be interesting to see how we play this week.