Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Thanks Ken, well done CJ, and good luck to all next season.
Cousin jack passed us on the inside with a late burst, very well done, and thanks for the fun Ken.
The B-Ark / Re: today......
« Last post by Lee Newell on Today at 01:09:28 PM »
A huge step up, Kidderminister back down after winning the playoffs last season if we don't strengthen we'll struggle to stay up too. Got to keep our best players and add quality to them. Also happened to Kings Lynn coming straight back down when Culverhouse took them up, hopefully he gained from that experience of National League and will do better with us next season. It's tough for teams promoted out of this league to stay up and it's generally the bigger / richer clubs that get promoted out of this league that stay up. We've also seen the likes of Chorley, Telford, Alfreton, Guisley, Chester in recen years go up, not had the resources to spend big and come straight down again. It's going to be tough next season but I feel we're in a better position now than our previous failed playoff  seasons.
« Last post by noughtyforties on Today at 01:04:28 PM »
I agree Andy. Survival will suit me, and I'd be quite happy to have a season without promotion/relegation hopes/fears after the past two years. Relatively dull will do for me for once.

Not sure you'll get that, but I'll take it!

Interesting summer ahead
« Last post by Oakham Pilgrim on Today at 01:00:56 PM »
I agree Andy. Survival will suit me, and I'd be quite happy to have a season without promotion/relegation hopes/fears after the past two years. Relatively dull will do for me for once.
« Last post by noughtyforties on Today at 12:37:57 PM »
Agreed Andy, the club has to give Cully the ok to get in who he wants. In the main his and the scouts instincts have served us well this season. Get this right and there's no reason we can't flourish in the NL.

Honestly I'd take survival now.

Even a cynic like me needs to cut them some slack next season, its going to be a steep learning curve, I'm sure Christian will tell us how previous play off winners have fared but my guess is around half come straight back down or are back in North/South within 2 seasons. The gap in quality is almost PL-Championship now.
« Last post by Pilgrim86 on Today at 11:51:51 AM »
All 3 National League Play Offs winners began with B. Bromley, Boston and Braintree.
The B-Ark / Re: well done Jimmy Knowles ... Leagues 3rd highest scorer
« Last post by Pilgrim86 on Today at 11:40:58 AM »
Thinking back to the Denis Greene days and we had a link up of sorts with Sunderland which worked well.

Recently we've had a few from my lot, Sheff Utd and that really would be worth exploring as they've won their U23 league for the 4th year running. Now we're that bit higher we'll possibly get a better quality player sent over for a loan.

Interesting times, I'm expecting at least 75% of the squad to be newbies come August though, it has to be that way.

Posh are the club locally to get onboard with sending us some loan players. They have recently sent players to the National League, and they value their U21s/U18s very highly.
The B-Ark / Re: Where are they now?
« Last post by Pilgrim86 on Today at 11:37:33 AM »
Max Stryjek currently on the telly box in goal for Crewe in their play off game, appears he joined them on loan from Wycombe.

Aaron Rowe (who we had on loan from Huddersfield after Duhaney went back) also came on as sub for Crewe.
It will certainly be an interesting summer. It was great to see you after game, Pete.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10