Author Topic: More money worries  (Read 72265 times)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Re: More money worries
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2009, 08:29:51 PM »
One more thing, Boston is the place where the Pilgrim fathers set sail.

Er, really...???

Yes, they might of stopped off at some shitty place on the south coast on the way there, just to pick up a few beers.  ;D

check the grassy knoll

Plymouth, the 1600's very own Aldi! ;D

I think this whole episode sadly reflects that we will not be truely rid of the cancer of the last few years until we are sat in a new ground (however small) with a new board (hopefully the current one) where we can rebuild free of the last problem that has dogged the club in recent years. It's sad but I now can't see a way that we can do no other than leave York Street as fast as rebuilding will let us.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 08:39:59 PM by Lord Cutler Beckett »
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Bob Lee

« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2009, 08:47:19 PM »
I agree, and we should protest in our hundreds when planning comes up for York Street. >:(

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2009, 10:05:26 PM »
I hope the malkinsons feel proud of trying to hound the club out of York street
I don't know what they would do with the site anyway. Most property developers are notbuying any land at the moment, they have plenty to develop, arsenal for example have been reducing their prices enormously.
It strikes me that if they want to sell the site the only option is to force the club out of business, as they cannot develop whilst a sports club exists there
there is no doubt in my mind that the malkinsons are getting their financial rewards to pay for the heavy fine imposed by the fa, and getting it with interest

in my opinion pat was as guilty as evans for the fraud that occured during the promotion, and like evans they expect the innocent people who hold this club at heart to pay.

Absolute disgrace to ask for 250k per year, it say everything.

Bob Lee

« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2009, 10:35:26 PM »
You have hit the nail on the head.

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2009, 10:44:04 PM »
Even in the current market that site would move quickly if the council gives residential planning permission.

McCarthy & Stone may be very interested in building one of their retirement complexes on such a prime site.

Don't take this as starting a rumour. It's just that I know the way they think and they have made previous enquiries for Boston sites. The only constraint would be if the council did not allow three storey structures, but there's already some near the railway approach to the docks.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2009, 10:54:43 PM »
Oh and can someone please put a scan of the programme notes on here. I missed the Ashton match as I was in Coventry looking at the Uni with my daughter.

[Welcomes Ashton and reviews Durham and Buxton]

We were also in the middle of a rent review on the ground, where the owners were attempting to put the rent up from £52,000 to £250,000 per year. 

oh my word, Pat hand your head in shame

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2009, 11:06:27 PM »
im pleased the stands are no longer made of wood ;)

Seenbetter

« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2009, 11:10:00 PM »
Lets just look ahead a few years. What could the land be used for. A skating rink, unlikely. One can get their fingers burnt speculating in the leisure industry. A housing development; I'm sure there would be loads of objections against that by the residents in that area. The traffic congestion alone would be rediculous.
Mr.N (God bless him) seemed to think at the meeting before the season started that a Supermarket would be the most obvious route of development. I wonder if the residents in that area are aware of that burning fuse and if they aren't perhaps they should be made aware. Perhaps the council could restrict any development on that land to, yes youve guessed it, to the development of TREES, if they are still in control then.
I think we are very fortunate to have a man like Mr. Newton at the helm and we should keep on letting him know how grateful we are at every opportunity.
Just read you Fairfax. Can u imagine all the accidents on John Adams Way with folk leaving the retirement home and heading for town. As for those buildings u refer to, They look more like the  barracks u get in Portsmouth dock yards, should have been just two stories high.

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2009, 10:41:34 AM »
Chris, thanks for typing out those programme notes...

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2009, 10:46:13 AM »
Cor, blimey..... Makes you wonder if there are any more Trevor Jordache's under the patio, eh?

Much appreciated Chris.

Bartmac

« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2009, 01:39:04 PM »
Having looked at the quoted attendances in this mornings paper, ours was higher than either of the two matches in BS North/South, Ryman and Zamaretto Leagues, and even the Scottish 2nd and 3rd Divisions!  Makes you wonder how these other clubs survive. ???

Seenbetter

« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2009, 01:48:46 PM »
Perhaps they haven't had people like Evans Or Malkinson trying to screw them. Just a thought. And who would blame Mr. Newton for walking away. He does his best, thinks they are getting somewhere and then some miserable *astard comes along and kicks him in the nuts. But it does show he is a better man than them in all respects because he doesn't lay down and give in and he has a heart. He will prevail but needs help and support.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2009, 03:07:45 PM »
Bartmac,Evans have not been to those clubs!

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2009, 04:27:59 PM »
We're also forgetting that this is the Chestnuts area of expertise, if anyone can do it then it would be them. Im sure all plans will be drawn up accurately and with thought, not like the shit from Robwell and Evans.

At the last fans' forum:

Fan: [With regards to the new ground] what makes you think you'll be able to get it done this time?
DN: We're doing it.

;D

And yes, gotta love those Malkinsons...

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2009, 05:00:24 PM »
We're also forgetting that this is the Chestnuts area of expertise, if anyone can do it then it would be them. Im sure all plans will be drawn up accurately and with thought, not like the shit from Robwell and Evans.

At the last fans' forum:

Fan: [With regards to the new ground] what makes you think you'll be able to get it done this time?
DN: We're doing it.

Rinsed  ;D
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 05:03:58 PM by BostonGoals »