Author Topic: Rob Scott interview  (Read 11423 times)

Joe65

• View Profile
Rob Scott interview
« on: January 22, 2011, 08:13:52 PM »
http://audioboo.fm/boos/260563-boston-united-rob-scott-postmatch

This just posted on BBC Lincs Facebook page - did fans really have a go at Canners when he was injured?

cambocakes

• View Profile
Re: Rob Scott interview
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 08:40:16 PM »
Couldnt make the game work has to take priorty so kinda gutted really.Listning to the interview, once again the fans get a blast from the management.This seems to be happening at any opportune moment with Rob Scott and on one occasion Paul Hurst.Why oh why is it necessary for these blasts to be aired,justified or not i do not want to hear it.There are moaners here and at every other home supporting fixture with other teams.Alienate your supporters at your peril,they will be here long after youve gone.Concentrate on carrying on doing a fantastic job and let that be your legacy,not by being a whinger.......NOT IMPRESSED!!

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 09:01:12 PM »
Time he looked a bit closer to home, I too am getting fed up of hearing his attacks on fans, he wants to start putting a team out with players in their right positions. The kid on loan from the small club in Sheffield looked like a passenger all afternoon and lost in midfield when we all know he's a defender. No blame on the kid but we could see it after 10 minutes, why can't the man who's paid to see this?

And why weren't changes made at half time? Apart from Nyoni Davison looked off the pace and yet lasted for almost the full 90 minutes, while the lad Coleman was hauled off after Guiseley scored........mind blowing!

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 09:20:09 PM »
Apart from the odd chance i think it was colmen who created is own chances up untill then so couldnt see why the change, but we wont moan as sleath did get the goal with his first touch. Have to agree and disagree about the wingging, whiles i agree that slatting a player who is injured but chooses to stay to keep 11 on the pitch is a bit over the top rob scott has to learn and take it on the chinn its part on parcel of it.

Little Chip

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 10:46:11 PM »
Someone in the Pilgrim lounge after the game said that Coleman was injured?

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 12:41:04 AM »
i can see why people don't like S/H talking out of turn

but there right if Canners had gone off left us with 10 men and they had scored then yeah have a moan, but he carried on playing and went through the pain barrier as he has done recently, should be pleased we have a team who will give that extra 10% to see us through not get at them

Robbo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 12:57:45 AM »
'But that's what we have come to expect here.'  Rob Scott tonight on Radio Cabbage.  Not one to post here but, pardon Rob?!  Understandable frustration when interviewed in the heat of the moment immediately after the game is over, and whatever great work they have done for our club, (which any normal BUFC fan is very grateful for by the way before anyone starts), this knocking of the fans, is starting to get annoying, especially after the 1200 mutes comments V Corby.

S&H: Please don't tar all the fans based on the comments of a handful of idiots in the main stand!

Speaking with a main stand season ticket holder post match today, it appears someone high profile from the academy lost their rag with said idiots and told them to shut the f*** up this afternoon.  Well done that man!  Season ticket holder + 3 others, are all looking to relocate next season to elsewhere in the stand, as they are fed up with the senile idiots and their inane comments prompting angry looks towards innocent fans from the management when the abuse is nothing to do with them. 

YellowHills

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 01:56:53 AM »
I can understand why Scott and Hurst are angry but for goodness sake, these kind of fans exist at every ground across the country - fickle idiots who think we should be walking the league. Boston are in a fantastic position in the league at the moment, the squad has a lot of decent talent put together on a shoestring budget, and the fact that we're in the playoff pack, and pulling away from the rest of the league, is remarkable.

If you honestly think that the team should be turning up, home or away, and spanking teams 5 or 6 to nil every week, you're deluded and need to take a look at yourself. Yes, the managers shouldn't be having a go at the fans every other week, it's not the best way to take things forward, but if Rob and Paul don't think they're getting enough appreciation for the fantastic job they're doing, they have every right to voice their opinions.

If a 'select few' so called 'fans' end up being responsible for Scott and Hurst walking away from York Street... >:(

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 05:17:51 AM »
I've not listened to the interview and i'll not bother to either.
I used to sit in the main stand up until last year and believe you me there's a bloody lot of moaning goes on up there. If the moaning this time is from people at the top tier of the stand behind the dugouts, then it's been going on for at least the last 10 seasons!!!

S&H should in my opinion, just climb over the barrier and ask them, 'how would you fancy a day in the dugout' Or, if the club are getting pissed off with them ask them, to give up their season tickets and go and watch Lincoln!!

Back to yesterdays game, first half was a bit messy but second i really enjoyed. They were an excellent outfit, passed the ball really well and their movement was good too. We got what we deserved in the end a draw.
Oh, and to the bloke who stood near me and said Sleath was shite, he scored with his first touch. You see,  you don't have to be sat to hear moaning.  ;)

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Chelsea

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 09:37:09 AM »
Scott is an arrogant prick, but we have to accept that but he needs to realise who pays his wages

townender3385

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 09:40:38 AM »
true

goodyntu

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2011, 10:08:15 AM »
Scott is an arrogant prick, but we have to accept that but he needs to realise who pays his wages

Harsh! There both doing a great job, I really don't see why anyone is complaining.

travelling man

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2011, 10:19:30 AM »
If you think there are some less than complimentary oiks in the Main Stand, I stood on the Town End yesterday and for 90 mins a guy was screaming for Yeats to be taken off because he`s Shite??

Was I dreaming, or was he not playing?

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2011, 10:53:41 AM »
If you think there are some less than complimentary oiks in the Main Stand, I stood on the Town End yesterday and for 90 mins a guy was screaming for Yeats to be taken off because he`s Shite??

Was I dreaming, or was he not playing?

Unused sub

townender3385

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2011, 11:36:57 AM »
But the only thing that fans do in the main stand is moan, the townend actually support the team.. doesn't take a genius