Author Topic: Unibond Prediction League for those interested  (Read 8343 times)

thepilgrims

• View Profile
Re: Unibond Prediction League for those interested
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 11:39:23 PM »
All ready signed up  ;)

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 09:12:01 AM »
same here

are we having another prediction league on here this season?

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 09:52:30 AM »
same here

are we having another prediction league on here this season?

I'm quite happy to do it again. So if you fancy watching "pilgrim in exile" go for the hat-trick of wins then I'll start it up again next weekend.

thepilgrims

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 10:37:05 AM »
I've missed the prediction league  :( :D

uncleremus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 06:24:38 PM »
i,ve signed up also......

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 06:40:27 PM »
Yes please Ken.
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

PaulG

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 02:49:59 PM »
http://www.tamesideisred.co.uk/PredictionLeague/index.php?week=1&cmd=mypreds

Thanks for the plug on here SP

I'll send out instructions etc. to the registered new users before the start of the season - but if anyone has any questions then drop me (PaulG) a line using the message facility on the site..

good luck... and see you at Gigg Lane on the 15th..

http://www.tamesideisred.co.uk/PredictionLeague

PaulG

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 09:53:58 PM »
a shameless (but final) bump to the top - and also a copy of the playing instructions I have just sent out to the registered players

new players welcome - the more the merrier - good luck for the season chaps

Well, just 3 more days to go and then it will be kick off for the new season on the Tameside Prediction League

For those who played last year but havent predicted yet, a quick reminder to get your predictions in, because we need someone to try
and stop Swirad from running away with it again this year.....

For new players this season - thanks for joining and below are some details about the points system and other bits and bobs

points are awaded for the following

3 points for predicting an exact score (i.e you predict 2-1 and the game ends 2-1)
2 points for predicting a correct result, such as you predict 1-2 and it's 0-3 will earn you 2 points
1 point for correctly predicting the home team score  , such as you predict 1-0 win, but the score is 1-2, that will still score you 1 point
1 point for correctly predicting the away team score....

all points are cumulative, so if you predict 3-1 and it ends 2-1 then you will get 3 points, 2 for the home win and 1 for the correct away score.

If you predict 3-1 and it ends 3-1 then you will get all 7 points ... sounds a lot, but over the past 3 or 4 seasons I found that done that way it helps "spread" the league and players who consistently predict correct scores can pull away from the pack -  but it is really not that easy to regularly get it bang on..

To make it interesting, well thats my excuse.... there is an additional 3 points up for grabs for predicting the correct score for FC United games - meaning 10 points in total are awarded to players who correct predict the score of games FC are involved in..

you can add and change your predictions for any game right up to kick off... after kick off  your prediction becomes fixed and unchangable for that game..

you can enter default predictions for future games - so that if you ever forget to predict a default score will be entered automagically - setting it up is 2 step process    (note - players from last year will also need to do this again to apply their default scores to the new season)

those steps are

1. After logging on, gointo your profile and enter a default home and away score.... save that out..
2. Once saved, select "my missing predictions" from the menu - you should then see your default score applied to all the remaing games that you havent entered a prediction for - presss predict and the jobs done....

then for each game over the course of the season you simple change the prediction from your default and save it out..

For people who want a email copy of their predictions then select that option from your profile and save it out...  I would advise everyone to do that, because it acts as confirmation that your predictions have been accepted and entered into the database..

If you want to see what other players have predicted for any games you can either select the game from the fixtures/predictions menu (click on the date/time) - or select a specific game in the prediction stats box (top right) by using prev/next and clicking on the team names....   or for a specific set of predictions/results for a player, click on their name on the league..    basically click anything that is clickable and it will take you somewhere...

groups of fans can also set up their own Mini league - these are subsets of the main league, so you still only have to a single prediction for each game... as of typing this there is a  Tameside league, a certain group of fathers league (see you Saturday chaps...) ) and a rather strangly named Korean writing league (mrmystery by any chance ??? )

There is also a mini league called Pilgrims already set for Boston fans and I see that a few have already joined it....

Mini leagues are set up and joined, people invited by the appropriate options in your menu after logging on - but to save faffing around, if anyone wants a new one setting up then just drop me a line telling me the name you want, players to add and I will soon get it sorted for you...

Mini leagues will be calculated and populated after I enter the first set of results on Saturday

There will be prizes again this year for the league leader(s) at the end of December and at season finish , and depending on what is donated, probably for the player scoring the most points in December and April... I've no idea what they will be yet, but no doubt there'll be alcohol involved somewhere along the lines  (for those of us over 18 of course... )....   if anyone wants to donate a prize then drop me a line at paulg@tamesideisred.co.uk   or pm PaulG on the league

and that's about it for now I think - other than the usual , good luck and enjoy -

Oh, and for the Boston fans... see you Saturday ...   but leave the drum(s) at home please.....(!)

Paul

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2009, 08:32:13 PM »
 [1]  uncleremus 18 5 4 9 16 41 -25 50
2 [2]  Bostup 18 3 8 7 12 38 -26 42
3 [6]  cookie 18 3 5 10 10 44 -34 41
4 [10]  beefyboy 18 2 8 8 16 34 -18 40
5 [16]  wez 18 3 2 13 19 47 -28 36
6 [26]  bostonfan 18 1 7 10 18 35 -17 33
7 [28]  biston 18 2 6 10 12 40 -28 32
8 [32]  Robin Hood 18 2 4 12 15 42 -27 32
9 [44]  milo72 18 1 7 10 11 40 -29 31
10 [65]  Big-Tom 18 1 5 12 13 43 -30 27
11 [92]  ScottyBUFC 18 1 4 13 8 42 -34 22
12 [93]  Hants Pilgrim 18 1 4 13 12 47 -35 22
13 [98]  north east pilgrim 18 1 5 12 8 49 -41 21
14 [101]  The Toff 18 0 5 13 16 39 -23 21

We're not doing bad having grabbed first and second in the early games,

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2009, 10:08:39 PM »
Ooh im 8th.

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2009, 10:15:41 PM »
Ooh im 8th.

well actually 32nd your 8th in the Pilgrims mini league  ;)

Hugo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2009, 03:22:25 AM »
How do i join the pilgrims league?

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2009, 07:41:38 AM »
How do i join the pilgrims league?

Whats your team called and I'll send you a link ?

Hugo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2009, 04:49:53 PM »
irvinefan - thanks!