Author Topic: New players?  (Read 9989 times)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
New players?
« on: May 30, 2012, 05:55:54 PM »
Just read a few posts and people are optimistic with the squad for next season.Have I missed something but there's only two new faces. Haystead for Legend and this former Deeping/Corby player? Seems to me the team will almost be same as last year!

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
Re: New players?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 08:00:32 PM »
I think what they are saying is, they are happy with the signings made so far and like it says on the o/s more to follow.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 08:58:30 PM »

Same thing over and over and over.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 09:56:35 PM »

Same thing over and over and over.

agreed!!!!!!!!! :)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 09:59:40 PM »
Agreed!!!!
Let's get some new faces.Same old faces is getting boring.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 11:05:52 PM »
Have a lovely summer KON  ;)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 11:32:27 PM »
Stop worrying about it. Enjoy the summer. Play some cricket, drink tea and go for strolls around places.

bb1

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 11:47:42 PM »
KON and NF you have claimed on this forum that you are not purchasing a season ticket and will be picking and choosing the matches you attend. As i am always thirsty for knowledge i would seriously like you to tell me by what criteria you will make your judgement .If it is on the premise that we are winning say four games in a row could it not be that the fifth could be dire?the one you attend.Will you make your decision on the oppositions league place this could be the likes of Stalybridge who started off like a steam train and pulled up towards the end of the season.could it be we lose four and decide not to attend and then we could go on a fifteen match run like eastwood did after a bad start. will you decide to go if we play the ball on the deck? or just when we play to the big man up front?but the team sheet isn't given out until the day of the match.will you choose the so called bigger teams we beat the league winners once last season.will you ask friends or relations each persons view of football differs considerably from person to person.Will you consider the weather matches can be excellent rain or shine. We could play better away as last season winning say fifteen and say nine at home so please enlighten me how you will spend more money if you attend perhaps say eleven standing do the maths you will not as you have claimed put more money into the club.A serious answer please.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2012, 06:52:41 AM »
What I do in my free time is none of your business.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2012, 10:03:17 AM »
What I do in my free time is none of your business.

Agreed, but you contribute a vast number of posts which I read in my "free time" so I feel a serious answer to BB1's post would be in order. 
United we stand..................

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2012, 10:52:24 AM »
Again, its no one's business what I do with my spare time, if I choose to attend games that my perogative, if I go elsewhere thats up to me.

Some people need to get a serious grip of reality here, its a non league football club we're talking about, not a life and death issue. If you need 'serious answers' to what a person who you don't know does in his spare time I suggest you get out a bit more and get a life away from the football club message board.

Old yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2012, 10:59:15 AM »
Hardly the same as last year KON, as we had a  front line option including Mickey Stones and Julian Joachim at the start of the season,players such as  Spencer,Ross,
Marshall and Smith arrived late in the season,so i think we can be a little more optimistic about team performance and the chance of competing for the playoffs this year.

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2012, 11:34:40 AM »

Some people need to get a serious grip of reality here, its a non league football club we're talking about, not a life and death issue. If you need 'serious answers' to what a person who you don't know does in his spare time I suggest you get out a bit more and get a life away from the football club message board.

Anyone else see the irony here?

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2012, 11:47:03 AM »

Anyone else see the irony here?

Yes
United we stand..................

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2012, 02:35:12 PM »
Hardly the same as last year KON, as we had a  front line option including Mickey Stones and Julian Joachim at the start of the season,players such as  Spencer,Ross,
Marshall and Smith arrived late in the season,so i think we can be a little more optimistic about team performance and the chance of competing for the playoffs this year.
Look at the last ten games of the season with these players!!
8 from 30 points ! would you call this play off form?