Author Topic: So It Begins!  (Read 3415 times)

Shippy92

• Just another Snapper...
    • View Profile
So It Begins!
« on: June 25, 2010, 08:43:40 PM »
Have to say that I am looking forward to tommorow.... because Pre Season gets underway. I will be in attendance at the training session and will consequently put the photos up on my website for all to view.

I will post a link here for you all to have a gander at on Sunday.

Cheers

EDIT: This might depend on how I get on with my new gear, just gone through an upgrading process so might take a while to get everything set up properly tommorow.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 09:27:40 PM by Shippy92 »

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: So It Begins!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 03:03:00 PM »
Managed to get to see pre season training, 12 of the squad were there and I had to keep having a sit down to recover as they were put through their paces. Expect an exceptionally fit squad when the first game arrives, cannot wait.

Shippy92

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 08:31:19 PM »
Just put the Gallery up: http://bufc.fotopic.net/c1865144_1.html

Strange thing to photograph pre season. Not the normal competitiveness as you would find in a game. Feels like there is something missing from the photos (well most of them)

Cheers

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 08:41:07 PM »
Blimey, bet that was hard work as it was scorchio today
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Shippy92

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 08:47:51 PM »
To be fair they did all looked knackered! Had to kindly decline Aaron Butcher's offer of switching places, looked too much like hard work :P

Rocking Rev

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2010, 11:52:37 PM »
Many thanks for these piccies David. It looked a good work-out.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 06:48:20 AM »

Very good set of photographs.

I'm surprised by the fact that I seem to recognise all the players! At the start of previous pre-seasons the familiar faces have always been interspersed with lots of triallists who nobody seems to know. Last even we even fielded Danny Sleath in a friendly as "A Triallist."

Presumably though there will soon be a handful of new faces to bring the squad back up to the size it was last season?

Shippy92

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 12:29:39 PM »

Very good set of photographs.

I'm surprised by the fact that I seem to recognise all the players! At the start of previous pre-seasons the familiar faces have always been interspersed with lots of triallists who nobody seems to know. Last even we even fielded Danny Sleath in a friendly as "A Triallist."

Presumably though there will soon be a handful of new faces to bring the squad back up to the size it was last season?

Probably a good thing that people can name everyone, keeps the squad together which is never a bad thing in football imo.Might be a bit different next week, with six missing this week, including the other new signing Kieran Murphy.

By the way they were talking it sounds like there could be another couple of signings before the start of the season so will be interesting to see.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 12:47:48 PM »
Don't think we need too many more players. To keep them all happy and within budget 21 would be the maximum in my opinion. We already have 17 signed on with Davies likely to sign when fit leaving  3 more. A left back as we don't have one. A goalie, wether or not Butcher will be first choice we need 2. Leaving possibly 1 more if there is any money left. Don't think it would be a bad idea to look for another centre midfielder if the right one comes up as we released both Camm and Millson leaving only Sleath, Church and possibly Davies.