Author Topic: RIOTING IN BOSTON  (Read 5267 times)

Bob Lee

RIOTING IN BOSTON
« on: June 18, 2010, 10:49:41 PM »
Anyone heard anything?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: RIOTING IN BOSTON
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 10:58:32 PM »
Can't hear anything Bob! Hope there scrapping in the England changing rooms!Time to drop Rooney and Heskey and start with Crouch and Defoe!

Bob Lee

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 11:01:25 PM »
Go on My facebook home page some one has posted it on there.

RamMalc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 07:49:03 AM »
Not heard or seen anything , a lot of wishfull thinking on some parts but no doubt some are waiting for an excuse .

Bartmac

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 11:00:03 AM »
Think you might find that it's Boston, USA apparently the Lakers fans went nuts after their team beat the Boston Celtics in a girls game. :)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 07:19:05 PM by Bartmac »

Plastic Yank

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 10:56:04 AM »
Think you might find that it's Boston, USA apparently the Lakers fans went nuts after their team beat the Boston Celtics in a girls game. :)

The finals were one of the most closely fought in recent times. Add to that the fact that the Lakers and Celtics have a bitter rivalry. When punches are thrown and brawls start, having an 19 stone, 6 foot 9 man angry at you makes it far from a "girls game".

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 11:42:11 AM »

The finals were one of the most closely fought in recent times. Add to that the fact that the Lakers and Celtics have a bitter rivalry. When punches are thrown and brawls start, having an 19 stone, 6 foot 9 man angry at you makes it far from a "girls game".
Sorry to disrespect your one of the many girl games you have

Bartmac

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 06:32:16 PM »
Ah, wez33, I see that they also play Rugby out there now, perhaps they are beginning to grow up a bit. ;)

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 08:00:30 PM »

Sorry mate, but :-
Baseball = Rounders (girls game, but with extra padding)
Basketball = Netball (girls game, but you cheat because you run with the ball!!!!)
American football =Rugby (of sorts, but with lots of padding, big girls blouses!!!!!!)

Just accept it, you just tweak girls games, and play "world series' games against domestic teams, because no-one else cares two hoots about your mind-numbingly boring attempts to "macho up" girls games, or  go OTT with the padding in the only vaguely masculine sport that you play!!!!

Plastic Yank

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010, 12:22:40 AM »
OK, you moronic dullards;

1) Firstly, I am English and have lived in Boston and have followed BUFC damn near my entire life. I'm not American, so don't make idiotic assumptions.
2) It's called the "World Series" after a newspaper, not because it's a worldwide championship.
3) The padding in American Football is essential due to the high volume and intensity of tackles made. Especially blindside ones.
4) Baseball is played worldwide, a fact that is easily seen when you see the high volume of non-American players in MLB.
5) Basketball has a far higher speed/skill ratio than netball and demands more physical output.

And if America are so shit at everything, how come we can't beat them at footy, eh? Or has that become a girl's game, too?

Or perhaps it's just that England isn't nearly as big or as clever as it likes to think it is.

RamMalc

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2010, 06:11:51 AM »
ooooooooh , get her !  ;D

Raw nerve

makes you wonder why padding isn't "essential" in Rugby doesn't it . Rounders may be played World wide but still don't make it less of a girls game no matter who plays it

As for not beating the septics at football , that was down more to us being shite  than them being great . infighting in the camp a la frogs . Only the media hype said we would win the Cup , most fans were more realistic but still disappointed

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2010, 06:38:44 AM »
Several years ago i was in North Carolina on holiday. Whilst i was in Durham i went to a Baseball game, someone had told me it was a bit like Cricket. Once i had got the hang of the rules/ laws i really enjoyed the game. I did have a very nice American lady explaining them to me though.
The thing about sport in the States is, it's not only about the game itself, it's about the whole package. At that game you could buy any kind of food you wanted, any kind of drink, that means beer too. If you
left your seat and went to get a drink, televisions were showing the game all over the place. The only thing you couldn't do was smoke, you had to walk to special little booths right out of the way to do that. If you thought you could sneak a crafty one, forget it, you had some 6'-6" guard tapping you on the shoulder and asking you to put it out!  :)
Don't knock American sports, we may not like American Football but we could learn an awful lot about how to treat the people who pay to watch it.

check the grassy knoll
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2010, 08:41:12 AM »
Fair enough to a point LG, but I am talking sport, and sport alone, and not facilities etc, which are probably well ahead of ours.

Yank games are crap - end of discussion.

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2010, 10:26:47 AM »
A couple of facts:

American Football was developed because Theodore Roosevelt thought Rugby was a nasty, dangerous game. They turned a sport into a science. You don't get many poor refereeing decisions.

American colonists invented ten pin bowling because the British government taxed nine-pins.

I think honours are just about even.

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2010, 10:53:26 AM »