Author Topic: Albert Jarrett  (Read 4120 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Albert Jarrett
« on: June 29, 2010, 03:30:49 PM »
Remember him? Turned up on loan, played a couple of games, won us one, then buggered off?

He's signed for Lincoln City.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Albert Jarrett
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 06:30:06 AM »
I remember him! He once played for us with one leg, the other had been kicked so badly he could just about hobble. I'm sure he scored a few goals for us and got a MOTM too. It'll be interesting to see how Lincoln do this season, they've made a few new signings, even the speedy Mr DB!!  ;)

check the grassy knoll
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

chris47

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 03:06:03 PM »
Remember him? Turned up on loan, played a couple of games, won us one, then buggered off?

Remember him as pretty nifty - perhaps we may not have got relegated (purely on points won) if we had kept him. Think we just ran out of money so could not pay for his loan spell to be extended.

Swampy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 04:25:02 PM »
Think we had him on loan from Watford. Looked very good

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 06:22:41 PM »
He played well at MK Dons till they kicked him off the pitch. Then they signed him the following season...

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 07:36:14 PM »

Remember him as pretty nifty - perhaps we may not have got relegated (purely on points won) if we had kept him. Think we just ran out of money so could not pay for his loan spell to be extended.

The money had run out way before that, possibly around the time Des Wood jumped in his car and ran off!
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 10:04:09 PM »
I think he won us a game agaisnt Bristol Rovers, curled a beauty into the top corner if i remember correctly.

Ah the days when we could watch the goals on Sky.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2010, 10:35:41 PM »

Doesn't that description also apply to Eric Sabin? Whatever happened to him?

In Jarrett's case, I'm sure he came to us on loan shortly after we'd been knocked back on other loan signings by the Football League due to our financial predicament. I think there was a defender from Huddersfield involved. And at the time it was being put around that the move for Jarrett had only become possible because Steve Evans had personally paid his wages out of his own pocket.

cookie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 08:36:32 AM »
Yeh, good one!