Author Topic: just a thought  (Read 10218 times)

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
just a thought
« on: December 15, 2011, 11:04:20 AM »
notice on the club website they are advertising match day experience package for 250 quid,

surely a special one off reduction on the match price at the turnstiles should be considered especially with reducing attendances. Its a bank holiday match, there will probably be lots of families around visiting over christmas and after stuffing themselves with lunches etc could well want some fresh air and watch their local team.

probably get 300 extra on the gate if you reduce charges by say a fiver and make special offers for families.

Need to be proactive in these tough times. Take a chance and see what happens.
Season ticket holders will not mind, well I wont anyway. Get a better atmosphere in the ground and hopefully some of the people attending will come again.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: just a thought
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 12:12:55 PM »
Im sure it would be considered if any losses was covered,

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 02:31:00 PM »
probably get 300 extra on the gate if you reduce charges by say a fiver and make special offers for families.

This puzzles me.  Not this particular comment DT, more when people make such statements as reduce by X and gate will be Y in general.

Where do people get this assumption from?  Are there any historical instances to show it or similar clubs doing similar deals?

Personally I think it would be worthwhile to get some tangible stats for this subject from supporters, thing is the people you really want to ask are the stay aways so makes it a tough ask!

Senny

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 02:39:48 PM »
Didn't we only double the attendance (from about 2,000 to 4,000) when we had to replay the Nuneaton game later in the season after it had been abandoned at half time on Boxing Day? And that was free of charge!

So even if you reduced the entry amount by a few quid, I don't think it would result in great number increases.

Old yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 03:04:16 PM »
Kids get in free when accompanied by an full paying adult might encourage some, and is more likely to get sponsorship from local businesses. Two new strikers in the next few days, converting draws and losses to wins will get back the missing punters and Boxing day has always been considered a good pay day for the club without the need to reduce prices. 

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 04:20:53 PM »
Lincoln and many other clubs have tried it and found that the net takings are reduced .

Plus some s/t holders complain its not fair.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 04:41:04 PM »
What the Club needs to do is walk around the town centre between 3pm and 5pm on a Saturday and ask people why they are not at the game. I think the feedback would be useful and could help shape future promotions.

DL

Bartmac

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 04:55:52 PM »
Or put a survey type form on the Sports pages of the Standard and Target, to be returned to the Club.

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2011, 05:32:04 PM »
What's the story with Bradford City in terms of cheaper season tickets etc?

pilgrim4life

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2011, 05:34:03 PM »
there is no chance they would even think of doing this on boxing day. 

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2011, 06:02:42 PM »
Perhaps not do a survey on Boxing Day but on a normal Saturday it would be worth doing.

Bradford have offered season tickets as low as £140 but were £250 this season (£11 per game). By doing this they have been able to ensure that crowds remain around the 10,000 mark.

The problem with our facility at present is that it is only used every 2 weeks for 9 months of the year and even then is only ever at 20% capacity.

DL

nh83

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2011, 10:41:33 AM »
Personally I think that during the times we are in some people just haven't got the money. Although ticket prices are  more than reasonable, I think quite a lot of people will be forced to give up coming to York Street. Just look at the empty seats at certain grounds in the premiership.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2011, 11:20:27 AM »
Personally I think that during the times we are in some people just haven't got the money. Although ticket prices are  more than reasonable, I think quite a lot of people will be forced to give up coming to York Street. Just look at the empty seats at certain grounds in the premiership.

Correct, Some people are making the right choice of family financial security over football. The same as i would and have already had to a saying no to going away this season.

Its just the way it is at moment and it isn't anything  to do with the price after all what else can you do for 12 pound  on a sat afternoon

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2011, 01:36:10 PM »
notice on the club website they are advertising match day experience package for 250 quid,

surely a special one off reduction on the match price at the turnstiles should be considered especially with reducing attendances. Its a bank holiday match, there will probably be lots of families around visiting over christmas and after stuffing themselves with lunches etc could well want some fresh air and watch their local team.

Need to be proactive in these tough times. Take a chance and see what happens.
Season ticket holders will not mind, well I wont anyway. Get a better atmosphere in the ground and hopefully some of the people attending will come again.

IMO punters will come through the gate to see a winning team or a team playing attractive football....sadly we can offer neither of these two attributes so IMO a reduced admission fee would make no tangible difference....

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2011, 01:55:19 PM »
I'd go to most home games if i had the spare cash. You say it's £12 to watch footy, well, if like me you go to the lounge, have a pint, bacon bap then once in the ground a coffee, chips and curry then probably a mars bar it costs slightly more than £12. Yes i know i needn't go in the lounge, have chips and curry or anything else but that's all part of the day out.  The money i save goes quite a way to paying for my groceries for the week, how anyone can afford to go to PL games now i've no idea. My mate is a Posh fan and he watches them, stood behind the goal for £15.

Check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?