Author Topic: It really is that bad  (Read 2622 times)

Bodge

• View Profile
It really is that bad
« on: September 14, 2015, 06:51:33 PM »
Worst points total after 9 games since the dark days of the last year under fatty fraud. We've even less than the year Tommy Taylor had about 2 weeks to put a squad together. Been said by many but we have gone backwards while others have strengthened, we need to improve quickly or it could be a long season looking over our shoulder at the bottom three.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: It really is that bad
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 07:05:52 PM »
The one thing we have going for us is that we know the players can do it - they have done in small periods this season. There is no doubt in the abilities of the players, except the recent arrivals.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 07:29:57 PM »
I cannot understand how some are saying we only needed one or two signings to add to last years squad, yet slate all of those players recently.  That doesn't add up, are you saying that when you wanted to add just a few that all these others from last season are good enough. Yet its now quick to slate them all. Good players don't turn bad just like that,  people have short memories !

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 10:03:18 PM »
Been an interesting few weeks. Loads of reasons given why we haven't had a great start:

Not the right goalie
No proper left back
Jones's form
Scouse Pilgrim
Injuries to key players
Fitness coach
No funding for the new ground
Dennis Greene's inability as a manager

Quite a few people seem to think that we should have carried on from where we left off last season - but this is football. It's never as simple as that but this is why we love it / hate it / are addicted to it. Look at Chelsea - hovering above the relegation zone. Who saw that coming? Who's fault is it ? The pitchside doctor ? Roberto Martinez for going first at the press conference ? Surely after winning the league last year they should be right up there again ? Or does their plight mirror that of Liverpool's last season when they almost won the league the year before but had a rubbish season after that. Who would have thought Leicester would be second ?

Closer to home, who would have put Telford bottom after nine games ? Or Halifax in the league above having only won one game in nine after having a good season last time around.

The answer probably lies in several of the reasons above but anyone that has played the game to a decent level will know that none of last years squad (including the management team) become bad overnight - and last year we were so close to promotion. I really dislike the all too common solution offered nowadays around getting a new manager - as if that will all of a sudden mean we start winning football matches on a more regular basis. Maybe for a Graham Drury, who was unproven at this level but DG has shown he can guide the team towards the top of the league - and he has brought in some decent players (some rubbish too but that's non league football for you).

Personally, I think this league is about right for us at the moment - taking all things into account - notably the off-field position. Although I'm as frustrated as anyone at our start to the season, I will be keeping the faith and predict we will turn things around (still not doing Gainsborough away again though )

TEP

« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 10:05:21 PM by Tipps End Pilgrim »

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 10:25:05 PM »
Great post TEP hit the nail fairly and squarely on the head.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR