Author Topic: SOMEONE NOT HAPPY  (Read 6857 times)

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: SOMEONE NOT HAPPY
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2011, 12:27:06 AM »
Do find it stupid that some of our fans were booing this guy - think there are certain precautions that have to be taken when a head wound has been incurred - and if my head was in this state I think I would want to wait a while before moving! Credit to this player!

My point is that he came back on immediately after his statutory 'leaving the field', unlike the normal way in which he gets patched up, changes the shirt and then has to wait to be checked before being called back onto the field of play.  This is exactly what happened when one of our players had his head injury last season.
United we stand..................

porl99

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2011, 07:02:45 AM »
We scored when he was off the pitch for the third time and they were down to 9 men!  What more do you want? 

Looks like a nasty cut and it was right to stop the game whilst he was receiving treatment.  He didn't even move for about 4 minutes so the physio was obviously worried that it might be something more serious than just a cut.

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2011, 01:18:47 PM »
No doubt the lad was hurt - hope he's OK.  BUT, he should have been made to have stitches in what was clearly a nasty wound.  If a bandage is there to keep a dressing/stitches in place, fair enough, but if the wound under the bandage is still streaming blood, surely the ref is within his rights to either enforce proper treatment to stop the bleeding or make them sub the player?  I'm sure I've seen enforced substitutions before when the bleeding can't be stopped - any refs on here who can explain the rules on this? 

From the player's own point of view, it he continues to lose blood over a period of half an hour, it can't be in the best interests of his safety to continue?  If he'd passed out from loss of blood, I think the ref would have been in trouble.

The behaviour of the CB bench was poor - not only did they accuse the linesman of cheating after one minor decision went against them, but the abuse to the crowd was unnecessary and showed a very limited vocabulary!  At least a couple of stewards saw this after the final whistle and I hope the appropriate action is taken.

As for Jason's challenge, the way he ran into it, I thought 'here we go, red card', but I didn't think he actually fouled the guy.  It looked to me like a clash of heads more than an elbow, but I couldn't claim to have the best view.  The fact that he snuck himself off quickly suggests he may have done something he shouldn't?

There could have been 4 or 5 penalties - keeper bringing down Milnes was a pen and red card, plus the handball for us; for them, the ball hit Austin's arm and could have been given but it would have been harsh, but I also thought it could have been a foul by Stainfield when their man cut in from the left late in the game and went down under challenge (I may be cynical, but I thought the ref might have ignored that one because he knew he'd got the Milnes one wrong?)