Author Topic: Greg Mills  (Read 10698 times)

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
Greg Mills
« on: March 27, 2013, 12:30:18 PM »

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Greg Mills
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 12:46:44 PM »
Very good signing!
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

bostonian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 01:01:10 PM »
great signing!

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 02:44:14 PM »
Ooopps I seem to have gone to the wrong forum,thought this was the BUFC one but it can't be cos everyone happy with a signing  :dan

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 02:57:49 PM »
Anybody who hasn't played for dreary is a good signing!
Happy days at York street!

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 03:09:40 PM »
Only an idiot wouldnt be haappy with this signing

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 04:14:44 PM »
The lad can play. Well done DG.  :)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 05:07:39 PM »
Waiting for Shauneyg and ALG to confirm that!

Joe65

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2013, 06:21:45 PM »
Nice for us to actually sign a player from a club in the same league we play in - that doesn't seemed to have happened much for the past couple of seasons!

Will be interesting to see Greene's signings if he's around next season, with one or two notable exceptions generally signings under JL and Drury were not very inspiring.

Grissles Oleary

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2013, 08:00:09 PM »
Rumours abound that DG has ordered a new comfy chair in Boston for next season? :dan

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2013, 08:46:57 PM »
Waiting for Shauneyg and ALG to confirm that!

Who??? lol

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2013, 10:16:03 PM »
Could be a great signing!

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2013, 10:21:57 PM »
I think it's a great signing,but from Mills perspetive especilly I cant really see the point of moving, especially with so few games left..unless of course he kns something about next season that none of us do!

Where does the lad live by the way, anyone know?

Timmy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2013, 10:47:35 PM »
I understand Mills is based in Leicester, top notch signing just the sort of player we should be attracting here. More signings of this calibre in the summer and we can really look forward to next signing.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2013, 06:51:46 AM »
I understand Mills is based in Leicester, top notch signing just the sort of player we should be attracting here. More signings of this calibre in the summer and we can really look forward to next signing.

I don't know whether Greg Mills lives in Leicester or not. SWD certainly does live here and obviously played his part in Mills signing. I'd assumed they knew each other from playing together at Telford and not necessarily that there was a Leicester connection as well.

One comment I will make is that Worcester City's catchment for attracting players is probably a much bigger area than most people would expect. Ryan Clarke played for Worcester for two or three seasons despite being based in Sleaford, for example.

Additionally, when we played Worcester at York Street in October, I stayed behind in Boston for a little while after the game and drove back to Leicester a bit later that evening. I caught up with the Worcester City team bus as it pulled into Melton Mowbray, and saw it drop off a couple of players in Melton. I assumed they were transferring to a car parked somewhere nearby to complete the last leg of their journey home (though they might just have been buying pork pies). Melton is probably 1¾ hours drive time short of Worcester, so those players certainly weren't being picked up and dropped off anywhere near to their club. From the drop-off point they were probably heading for Nottingham, Loughborough or surrounding areas. (I don't know if Mills was one of the players that got off the coach in Melton, but knowing what I know now I'd guess that he might have been).

Previous Boston managers have made excuses about players not wanting to come to Boston because of its isolated location. I know for example Drury made that case when he tried to sign Derby-based ex-Corby midfielder James Ozmen. But when you look at other clubs signing players from further afield then you have to question (a) the extent to which previous managers have successfully sold our club to prospective new signings, and (b) the desire that those transfer targets have to play for Boston United in the first place. Our facilities and level of support are still the envy of most clubs in non-league football and should be sufficient to make players want to come a few additional miles. 

I'm not sure why Mills fell out of favour at Worcester recently. I remember him as a good player - particularly at Telford - and think he'll be a good signing. I certainly didn't see anything any better in the Worcester line-up at St Georges Lane recently.