Author Topic: Harrogate away  (Read 14632 times)

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Harrogate away
« on: August 07, 2016, 05:29:18 PM »
Many of us going to this or saving the money for Darlington (or for non footy!). We seem to have most of our longest aways first but being their first competitive game on their 3G could help us before they really get used to it.

They're probably going to be up there again and I'd be pleasantly surprised if we get anything given how we played yesterday.

BUSA are running a bus as per. Mick Small is trying to get a 35 seat luxury coach sorted too (numbers dependent). Was a cracking away day in April, won't be the same in midweek (hopefully we could drag 3 figures up there but more likely 60-80) but 3points would make up for it

Forza Boston

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Harrogate away
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 11:00:59 PM »
Many of us going to this or saving the money for Darlington (or for non footy!). We seem to have most of our longest aways first but being their first competitive game on their 3G could help us before they really get used to it.

They're probably going to be up there again and I'd be pleasantly surprised if we get anything given how we played yesterday.

BUSA are running a bus as per. Mick Small is trying to get a 35 seat luxury coach sorted too (numbers dependent). Was a cracking away day in April, won't be the same in midweek (hopefully we could drag 3 figures up there but more likely 60-80) but 3points would make up for it

Forza Boston

Harrogate is one of my closest trips from here in Leeds. Got a few more teams within striking distance of Leeds this year with Halifax, Altrincham, Salford and Darlington all coming into the National League North.

Has anyone worked out where Darlington are playing next Saturday? They were supposed to be moving back to Darlington this season after playing last season in Bishop Auckland. They seem to be having a few delays in getting the proposed venue in Darlington (the rugby club at Blackwell Meadows) up to the required standard and have already put back their first home game and they played a couple of pre-season games at the old arena in Darlington. So should I be heading to Darlington or Bishop Auckland?

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 09:49:33 AM »
Almost certainly bishop Auckland for darlington

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 09:03:26 PM »
Apparently we should be 10-2 down by half time - but Fairhurst looks impressive !!

Batistuta

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 09:22:54 PM »
First half didn't look too bad, they scored, now we're playing absolutely garbage.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2016, 09:26:52 PM »
We'll just have to blame the artificial turf!!

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2016, 09:41:07 PM »
Lost 2-0.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2016, 09:47:28 PM »
Better not say season over ! We lost the first two last season. Will be interested to read an unbiased account of the game. Saturday is a must not lose game in my opinion.

TEP

milo1972

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2016, 09:52:28 PM »
So, how did we play this evening ?

Lets hope for a result Saturday at Darlington otherwise 3 defeats on the trot in the opening fixtures of the league would be our worse start to a season for decades !

Time for the lads to spring a surprise and win at Darlo !

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2016, 10:46:00 PM »
Await  the surge , after another 30 games .. :angel:

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2016, 11:57:19 PM »
A long round trip on a wet Tuesday evening by a good number of Pilgrim fans who deserve much better fare from a disjointed and poor team. Harrogate are no great shakes but their passing and running off the ball was in a different class. Our defence looks very shakey all round and the distribution from our midfielders was awful. Chippendale worked hard and Fairhurst looked a real threat however, he got poor service. There has to be a drastic improvement but I don't know if some of them have it in them. Intended to go to Darlington but after that show I will not be bothering with away games and at the moment if I had not purchased my season ticket I might have even have missed a few home games. I really hope I am wrong and by some miracle  am forced to eat my words.  UTP.

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2016, 12:45:59 AM »
Oxo have to agree with you another below par performance tonight.
Very dodgy keeping from dibble when he should be installing confidence in our back 4.
Have to agree fairhurst put in a decent shift and deserved something.
We are crying out for a leader amongst the side and if Nat brown is not back real soon we need to be looking for a centre half who dominates and is a bit of an animal in his position.
I'm sure we will be shot down for posting more doom and gloom😄

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2016, 07:34:00 AM »
I said it after Saturday Shrimper - no leaders anywhere. Got to have that on a football pitch. Even if lacking ability, at least have some players who can roll their sleeves up and get organising.

I'm with oxo in not being keen to make long away trips if this is what is on show - certainly not the 400 mile round trip to Darlo.

I've seen lots of mentions of Nat Brown but I don't think he is the answer for the season. He's 35 - likely to be picking up injuries. Isn't he still going to be out for a while yet anyway. And he's had no pre-season behind him. Also not sure about Chippendale. Looks neat and tidy but lacks steel for my liking.

Dennis needs a scouting trip. Maybe pick up a couple of players that are struggling to get into a League 2 or Conf National side on loan.

TEP

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2016, 08:14:09 AM »
A few snaps from the first half in a public Facebook photo album. You get to see the new purple away kit. I'll add some more from the second half later after I get back from this evening's race in Halifax.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10154404627884282.1073741976.570994281&type=1&l=b895a4bbd7

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2016, 08:38:54 AM »
Early days but from the reports above and Saturdays performance things could be tricky for Dennis and Bunny. I thought the main problem on Saturday was the team lacked cohesion, at times we looked like 11 strangers. I like to keep positive so will reserve judgment until we have played 10 games.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR