Author Topic: what a crackin game  (Read 18091 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: what a crackin game
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2012, 07:56:38 PM »
Don,t overlook the lino,s N/F ,  can,t ever recall over the many years standing on Spyne Rd terrace my mate managing to refrain from shouting abuse at the them for the whole 90mins .!!!

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2012, 08:08:15 PM »
Where do we stand on the Ben Fairclough through and taken out being only a yellow card?

I'm 100% certain that the last time we met Chester in a higher league, that would have been red before the player had even got to his feet.  That aside, I don't think I could even tell you what any of them looked like.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2012, 08:32:02 PM »
LCB, straight red for me, was going through one on one with the 'keeper, their player made no attempt to win the ball just to make sure he floored Fairclough. Cut and dry and a very easy decision to make but somehow only produced a yellow.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2012, 08:51:51 PM »
Stood in line to where it happened ,  My mind made up by the defender having his head in his hands before he even hit the ground ,  an indication that he thought he was to get red.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2012, 09:42:26 PM »
just watched the videos of the game and the interview with JL.
Was there a riot in town? You can hear loads of Police sirens in the background

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2012, 08:24:12 AM »
just watched the videos of the game and the interview with JL.
Was there a riot in town? You can hear loads of Police sirens in the background

Just an emergency clean up operation, what with Chesters bubble bursting dramatically at 3pm.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2012, 08:52:00 AM »
Not only were had they won their first seven games they were unbeaten in their last twenty three games!

jonathanBUFC

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2012, 06:49:21 PM »
The reason why we did so well was because we pressed them, put them under pressure, at times we made them play it back, their keeper had to come out a couple of times, we got stuck in no messing, we varied  the play up by playing on the ground and put balls over the defence and this made it difficult for them! And we had a game plan! And having a game plan works! There was some negatives but every team has those in a football match. Plus we was playing Chester, we could not expect them to them to do things that would cause us to make errors, like they would to every team in the league, and they was bound to have a spell! They wouldn't win first 7 games for nothing! But they need to take the confidence from the win, work on the negatives and stick to the game plan. I thought the whole team were brilliant everyone that played was fantastic!!! It was the team that I would have picked from day 1 these are the players I wanted to play! And I'm glad they didn't change the team from colwyn bay and kept it for Chester as well! Let's hope the team is the same for Kettering I can't wait! C'mon you Pilgrims!!!!!!!!!!

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2012, 12:08:45 AM »
Sep 13 2012 by Paul Wheelock, Chester Chronicle

CHESTER FC can break a club record that has stood for nearly 100 years by continuing their perfect start to the season at former Football League rivals Boston United on Saturday (3pm).

Their stunning win over Guiseley means Neil Young’s side have equalled the seven consecutive victories recorded by the Chester team at the beginning of the 1914-15 Lancashire Combination Division One campaign.

And if they make it eights win from eight at York Street, they will smash the 98-year-old record.

.......and we were the party poopers!
United we stand..................

picky

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2012, 06:30:24 PM »
correct me if im wrong and how can it be a record for 100 years i thought chester went bust and chester fc were new club

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2012, 08:35:46 PM »
January 21st was their last defeat.

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2012, 11:46:17 AM »
correct me if im wrong and how can it be a record for 100 years i thought chester went bust and chester fc were new club

You're right - but it seems the done thing for all these 'new' clubs to claim the history of the one just gone bust. I think the first might have been Accrington Stanley a few years ago now - but more recent ones like AFC Telford, Nuneaton Town and AFC Halifax all seem to be doing the same. And, of course, Chester fans were singing 'C'mon City' at York Street last Saturday.

Perhaps there are no hard and fast rules about being able to claim an old club's heritage. It didn't happen up here though in Ice Hockey when Manchester Storm went bust and Manchester Phoenix came into being and started playing at the MEN Arena - the same venue as Storm had played at. Storm won quite a few things in  their relatively short history, but I don't think Phoenix ever layed claim to any of it.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2012, 03:03:11 PM »
Don't know what game everyone was watching when saying Ben was going 1 on 1.

1 There other defender was at least 5 yards more back and would have easily cut across
2 Bens line of run would have took him towards the side of the box. possibly not even in the box so can not be looked as a clear chance.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2012, 09:39:00 PM »
Would have easily cut across

The guys rapid, he beats anyone to the ball that's in their half.