Author Topic: Reserves V Sleaford  (Read 2573 times)

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Reserves V Sleaford
« on: September 02, 2012, 11:49:38 AM »
Went to watch the game yesterday,disappointing that the lads didn't get at least a draw but too many shots over the bar from good positions and some last ditch clearances meant it wasn't to be..

Jordan put in another solid performance along with Liam Ogden,Ollie Pinner and Pricey at the back but too many times the long ball down the channel was swept up by the tall Sleaford defence..

Ref had a total nightmare,ball down right channel and Liam gave chase into the area,across came defender and barged him out the way,ball nowhere in sight) ref gave goal kick,as Buncey shouted,anywhere else on the pitch it would have been a foul but the ref only seemed to give free kicks when Sleaford shouted Ay Ay (maybe he is a member)..But his worst decision came late into the second half,foul on left side just outside the box,ball managed to find Charlie who played it into the box,Liam controlled it and was one on one with the keeper only for the ref to blow and say no advantage WTF??

Saying that though,it was good in one way that both he and the linesman were partially sighted otherwise Charlie Sanders would have been walking,he was jostling for position and having his shirt pulled by Sleaford number 5 and aimed a punch,just missing him,then as they were waiting for the free kick to come in they were at it again and Charlie too a wild kick at him,again missed by both officials,that needs sorting out otherwise he will be an easy target for the wind up merchants...

Only goal came direct from a corner,over Ricky's head and into far corner of the net,my biggest gripe in football is no one on the posts at corners and free kicks...

BosLeake

• View Profile
Re: Reserves V Sleaford
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 12:36:42 PM »
Was French any good CN?

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 01:02:27 PM »
Yeah,forgot to mention him,what didn't help was Ollie Pinner getting yellow card on five minutes for a tackle,worse went on later but the players escaped punishment ...

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 03:23:19 PM »
C.N .   no'ing a lot about the reserve's do you think dyer stewart was ready for first team play ? i think he should go out on loan and bring him back in a couple of month's  ;)

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 09:03:48 PM »
Based on what I saw at Heckington on Tuesday night the answer is NO ... As I posted after that game,he was constantly being told where to run,what to do with and without the ball and where to stand for corners,to me he needs more games for the reserves before being given a run out in the 1st team.. I can understand why Jason picked him though,he said that Newsh and Jones were running on empty and SWD not fully fit...

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 08:36:28 AM »
Based on what I saw at Heckington on Tuesday night the answer is NO ... As I posted after that game,he was constantly being told where to run,what to do with and without the ball and where to stand for corners,to me he needs more games for the reserves before being given a run out in the 1st team.. I can understand why Jason picked him though,he said that Newsh and Jones were running on empty and SWD not fully fit...
Thank's for that .4.4.2 maybe tonight that would bring stoke's and smith in and maybe fairclough up front